It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

tiresome HB User
Unhappy Beyond Frustrated

I need some help from some of you who are waiting out there for a diagnosis. How do you stand it? I am at my wits end. I am so tired of waiting for doctors appointments, hoping for some help only to be told it is "emotional" Thank God my GP believes that it isn't, and she is trying to help me. But I fear even she is about to give up. At my last appointment with her, we discussed the T3 and T4 levels and B12 and since my ANA was high checking into that further (like suggested by a friendly person on this board) She said that it was a good idea and then we talked about sending me to yet another neuro(appointment on the 4th). It wasn't until I left the office that I realized we had forgot to draw more blood. I called and they said we should wait to see what the neuro says. Why can't she order the spinal tap and the evoked potential tests? Why does it have to be a neuro? AARRGGGGGGHHHHHH
Don't they realize that I am suffering? Not only with the rotten symptoms but also with the wait and see attitude? I have been dealing with the "seizures" for four years(they say they are "Partial Complex), the pains for way longer than that, the numbness and weakness and lets not forget the FATIGUE that makes me so weak that I can't even finish a sink of dishes without sitting down and resting.
I am sorry for the negativity but I am just fed up. I know the 4th is not too far away and I am damn lucky they got me in so fast, but I guess I have lost faith in neuro's and I fear if this one tells me it is all in my head I just may lose it. The last neuro said that to me and I told him he was wrong(he didn't like that much) he didn't even look at the films of the MRI's I brought to him that his nurse told me to do, he just read the reports. It would have been a lot easier for me to drag reports in then it was the MRI films (I had to go on a 6 hour trip to get one set).
Well, I just had to vent and get it off my chest. I am so tired of this and when I get stressed out the symptoms only worsen. Please God give me the strength to get through this.
Sincerely,
Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: Beyond Frustrated

hi laura, im waiting diagnosis too, not sure whats wrong with me, maybe fibro. it is frustrating and i get upset at times, you just have to plod on and be positive as you will make yourself worse, it will get better and i believe we will get there soon, april xx

Old 12-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

starson HB User
Re: Beyond Frustrated

I'm not sure what is wrong with me either. I have had chronic fatigue for 2 years, and about 8 months ago I had my amalgam fillings removed, and ever since then I have had this head/eye/temple pressure. I usually sleep well from 8-10 hours. I get up and within 20 minutes, the fog moves in. I usually have to go back to bed during the day, and the weird part is, even if I sleep for just 3-5 minutes, it alleviates the pressure and I can function. No Doctor can answer that. It is ruining my life. I can't plan anything because I usually end up back in bed. Recently I lost my hearing in right ear after taking prescribed ear drops. Been to 3 ENT's, and cat scan showed no fluid in ear. So I am at a loss. Like the rest of you, I just want my health back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread