It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

franstranges HB User
Smile I got my results

After 6 months of doctors I got my results on my mri. It is not MS, there was absolutely no lesions. I have never been so releived in my life. They want to do a few more tests, because I am still suffereing (not really suffering, more so annoyed) with the ON for the last 6 months. However, I am confident now that they will all be also reveal the same. The only damper on this news is that the neuro said that my optic nerve was very damaged from the initial incident in june, and i should not expect any more of my vision to come back. She said its possible it may, but not probable.
I just wanted to say thank you for all your support. This diagnosis limbo can be very frightning. I have never been so relieved and happy at once, as I was this morning. Thank you agian. I probably would have gone insane without this board. Good luck to you all and I hope you all get good results as well.

Last edited by franstranges; 01-03-2005 at 12:32 PM.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: I got my results

well done on that!!! i can understand how you feel. id be happy to. im waiting mri to see whats wrong with me, april x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 04:39 PM   #3
(female)

franstranges HB User

well last june i had chest pains and then pasted out as i was walking to the back room to sit, while i was at work. But I didnt make it tothe back, and ended up dittingmy head off some shelves. I went completely blind within three days of that and my ekg showed as if i had had a heart attack. I can only sense lightnow and large contrasted shapes in my right eye. My neuro says that I shouldnt expect any more than that. My mri came up perfect, but before that they kept insisting they thought it was ms. They still want me to do a few more tests, because my heart has irregular palipuptations. They did test my thyroid, i was pretty normal, only slightly low, .33 on hte tsh test, rather than .35 not enough of a differnce to cause any problems they said. Thank you for your concern and suggestions everyone. Good luck apriltones. Does that make sense with a head injury chris?
caio

Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
(female)

franstranges HB User

thank for you advice chris. I really appreciate it, especially with all the confusion oh what they are testing me for. Itt was the cardiologist that did the tsh test, and never looked twice at it. The neuro did the mri and said it was all clear. She is sending me back to my family doctor adn mentioned she also wants me tested for lupus, but just thinks that they willnot find the caus for the ON and the heart paliputations. You knowledge in this is comforting, thanks

Closed Thread