It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 05:33 AM   #1
(female)

camillec HB User
falling, and the reality and or denial of ms

the other day i posted previously regarding muscle spasms, i noticed i was a little bit off also. i have been diagnosed in early october. i dont know if i was in denial or trying to fight off any symptoms or minor problems that i have on a day to day basis.some days when i felt fatigued or having neuralgia i went to work any way saying "i will get over this too!" i have this tough exterier/interior and i do not know what keeps me going. well any way on monday i fell down a flight of stairs. 5 to be exact my arm,hip and left finger sore! i am not sure if it was me not being carefull or me not feeling the step because my right foot made contact and than my right hip, but ect. anyway i broke out in a big crying spell yes it hurt but my friend thinks its the reality had set in regarding my diagnosis. i am not sure i usually wear slippers because the stairs are oak.this time only socks. how does one cope with that? i would like to know
camille

Old 01-05-2005, 06:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User
Re: falling, and the reality and or denial of ms

I don't have ms but they thought I did and I ended up with chiari and syringomyelia which is basically the difference between a tumour and leukemia with MS and Chiari and I'm not sure its really hit yet either. I don't know wether years of illness justr make it not an issue or I'll really notice when I go in for surgery.. but either way its good to have a good cry and let ur self scream and beat the walls.......its not weakness its just a way of letting it all out so you can continue living. I guess I cope with being chronically sick by seeing how much better I can do then healthy people and having the occasional small breakdown........*hugs* I'm ramballign quite abit but then again there might be a meathod in my madness!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 09:22 AM   #3

Dessell HB User

Hi camille,
Hope you are feeling better and nothing is broken.I been telling myself for years that it will go away,lol,try to forget but sometimes things happen like your fall that slaps us in the face.My back decided to spaz on me so i been on the couch since yesterday.Has'nt done that for awhile,the pain set in and now the room spins,like you said ,anyway,,we just have to keep going on.My kids keep me moving,even if I have to force myself.Like kiraffe a good cry helps alot,,then i GET MAD,then I laugh ,crazy crazy,lol.Don't let it get you down as hard as it may be,you owe it to yourself to be happy!!! Wish you well,Dessell

Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
(female)

camillec HB User

thank you both for getting back to me!i am human after all i do appreciate both kind words.have a wonderful day.
Camille

Old 01-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

we all are human.....some of just just have more reason to b*tch ans have a good hissy fit!

Old 01-06-2005, 07:39 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

in 2001,,, i kept falling down my stairs,, and we had about 12 , i would laugh and make jokes but it hurt like a SOB,,, my hip kept popping out and thats what was causing me to fall,,, then when i found out i had MS i was like ooookkkk now i understand! we then moved into a home with one level that was ours when we got married,, and we sold it to my dad for a bigger house,, and he didn't like me falling down the steps so he gave us the house back! i have only fell twice since we moved here,, and thats because my feet don;t go like i think they should,, so i just have to take it slower.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #7

Dessell HB User

Hi Natatude,
Sounds like you and stairs don't like each other,lol.Does your hip go out often?The reason I ask is my left hip is out all the time,even had a chiro put it back in,but as soon as I stood up it went right back,after 2 months getting it popped in and then popping out,I quit going.Now my right hip is trying to go out,,not sure if its ms related or not.Wish you well,Dessell

Old 01-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #8
(female)

Mom2Adam&Katie HB User

Camille,

So sorry to hear you took a fall. I hope you are doing well now. It's hard to be tough all the time. I am very independant and am not used to being "taken care of". When I got my dx (Dec 20, 2005), I was really upset. I broke down and my husband just had to hold me. I know its hard to surrender to your feelings when your emotions take over, but sometimes its for the best. At least if you have to be tough for everyone else, you can just be yourself around here. We won't think of you any differently for needing to vent or something! Best wishes,

Heather

PS- I fell down the stairs while carrying my 11 month old daughter. I didn't drop her, scared us both, though, and ended up with a nasty purple/black bruise on my bum for a week or so. I was having numbness in my legs and feet and I think I didn't feel the step like I should have. I don't know, but I was relieved my baby was OK, and so glad I was able to hold onto her!

Old 01-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

Dessell,,, my hip hasn;t went out since we moved back into the one level home,,, now it's my knees,,, mine was my left hip as well,, and i would stand myself back up and pop it back in myself,, i personally think it's the MS since it never happened before hand. my hips have alot of pain and they get twisted so i go to the chiro, for ultrasound on the hips and he adjusts them as he can.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #10

Dessell HB User

Hi Natatude,
I think its from MS also,my whole back prob.Whats happening with your knees?My left hip has been out so long,it feels better out than popped in.I did'nt know they could do ultrasound on the hip,thats kewl.Hope today finds you feeling well,Dessell

Old 01-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

my knees just hurt so bad,,, bending them is the worst,, if i am laying on my back in bed and try to put my knees up it hurts sooooo bad,,, also my feet lately have been feeling like someone has a rolling pin trying to roll my bones flat! thats the only way i can describe it lol

Old 01-10-2005, 04:52 AM   #12

Dessell HB User

Hi Natatude,
Thats an excellent way to describe it! lol.My feet feel like that but go up.Do you have arthritus or is it the ms hurting your knees?
Wish you well,Dessell

Old 01-10-2005, 07:49 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

howdy Dessell,

i have been checked for arthristis and rhemutoid arthritis and the drs say i do not have it,,, my neuro tells me MS doesn;t cause pain but my regular dr blames the MS and to tell ya the thruth i believe my reg dr. my neuro acts like he doesn;t know much about MS i wish i could find one that does!

Old 01-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #14
(female)

Heddi HB User

My neuro has made comments that MS doesn't cause pain either. HE IS DEFINITELY WRONG! I have the same pain you describe. I know there are neurologists who specialize in MS, the MS Society can provide a listing of one in your area.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #15

Dessell HB User

Hi Nat,Heddi,
I have heard so many say they are in pain .,I am too,how they can say its not MS related amazes me.I gave natural birth to 2 children,I think I know what pain is,lol,they blame everything on stress anymore,,makes you wonder where some of these docs got their PHD from.Is there anything that helps with your pain Natatude?Wish you all well,Dessell

Closed Thread