It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

colepro HB User
New...feedback would be great :O)

Hi Everyone I just found this great board. I have made a promise to myself to go to a dr. soon.. I guess a news years resolution. I have been thinking I have MS for 1.5 years now ( I am 29). It was a month after I had my son (I thought I might)... I had extreme foot pain, and numbness in my hands and feet. When I would be sitting for a while, and then get up I would sometimes almost buckle with the pain. Also if I went walking for too long I would have pain. Well those two symptoms alone were not that "scary" it was when I was forced to look at many things I have been facing and not dealing with, here are some of them:
*White fog over my eyes (did go see a dr, they told me I had blocked tear ducts) sometime just white spots.
* I have been having issues speaking (looking back this started 3-4 years ago) mixing up words (i.e. fool, instead of food), slurring speech, not being able to pronunciation, and forgetting words fully.
*Memory issues.. very bad at times, from where did I park my car, to what was I to do. ( I used to have the best memory)
*Tired. I have been so tired that my eyes start to burn and I yawn all afternoon.
*Depression (not sure if this has anything to do with it, I have never admitted to anyone I was, but have fought it for a while on and off).
*overheat sometimes for no reason.
*When walking actually have to think about lifting my feet sometimes.
*heavy legs at times.
*very emotional.. can cry so easy I think I am pregnant!
*hearing is bad, worse at times (progressive for the last 3-4 years)
*I get numb fingers and toes and pins and needles
*light headed at times
*My legs down to my feet hurt from too much walking or standing.
*hard to concentrate/pay attention.
*problems swallowing like something is stuck at times.

My speaking problems are really bad right now along with tiredness and memory. I have not told anyone but my husband (just the other day). It is very embarrassing that I cannot communicate effectively anymore at work. I just can't imagine his getting worse, holding down a professional job ect..
Not sure what I expect by typing all of this... I guess feedback, maybe some similar... One thing I have learned from this site already is to start a journal... it will help for the dr apt.
Thanks Everyone,
paula

Last edited by colepro; 01-06-2005 at 08:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

colepro HB User
Re: New...feedback would be great :O)

Thank you so much for your post, I have made the first step my dr apt is Jan 20th. I have now read up an hypothroyrid and wow i had no idea how similar they are.
Thanks again
paula

Closed Thread