It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #1

Dessell HB User
Montel

Just wondering how many watched the Montel Williams episode today about his MS and the use of maryjane?Hell if it helps go for it!I understood the depression he is going thru,thoughts of suicide.I have gained 50 pounds in a year,I kinow its from depression.Any thoughts would be appreciated.Wish you well,Dessell

Old 01-08-2005, 04:45 AM   #2
(female)

camillec HB User
Re: Montel

i thought about mari---- as well havent tried though. i asked one of my co-workers about it but because its not legal its scary. yes i saw the montell williams show last night, thank god to tivo. i usually have all his shows saved. i saw my self on that show, meaning being strong and when i feel bad and or sick, i hide about it . when i am really ill i will call out because you cant always show up with a happy front.and i still ask my self (what keeps me going?) why wont i fall apart? i know thats good i thought i had a breaking point when i fell down the stairs last week.i cried so much it really was not the pain but thinking is this what i am going to deal with? is this going to have me fall again? and another question i asked my self if i fall again will it be much worse??? i wont know...
camille

Last edited by camillec; 01-08-2005 at 04:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 05:30 AM   #3

kisa HB User

~~ I was so pleased to see him admit the pain, & admitt how he handels his pain. Takes a strong person to place his life on the line like that. Plus all the good that he has done to help with public awareness. Yes, depression is a part of illness & pain. Like him, I am tired of the looks I get when I use my handicap pass !!. I have fought many a glare, then I show them my ugly tumors that you can see, ( I have many that you cant!!), not always, but sometimes they may say I am sorry. I agree with the medicinal (SP?) usage. The medications that I am on would kill the avergage person. One of the side affects that I have, is I have no hunger. I try to gain, but its so hard & makes me sick if I force my self to eat. I am in AZ, I have asked for a PM doc. that may be involved, but so far, no luck. I think it will help with eating, but I have no clue at this time. Camille, as far as falling, could you use a cain during a flareup?, Please be safe

Peace & pain free days
Kisa

Old 01-08-2005, 06:06 AM   #4
(female)

angie81 HB User

Hi everyone
I did watch Monteel yesterday wow was that an eye opener I just cried cause I knew exactly what he is going through. I was releieved to see that i am not the only one feeling this way. "you look so good nothing can be wrong with you" I cant stand that cause inside i am not Ok. As for the maryjane I did try it last night and oh my god I felt normal again (if that is possible on weed) but i slept soooo good anything works to try. Now we just all need to get it passed to be legal for us with MS. Anyone else let me know what you think.
Take care
Angie

Old 01-08-2005, 07:40 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

i'd seen it before,,,, about 6 months ago it was on but i watched it again,,, i can relate to him so well! i wish i could meet him one day! and i tried weed once and it didn;t work for me,, maybe i didn;t have enough i dunno,,, but never tried it again. someone told me i probably didn;t have enough,,, but i am not educated on it enough to know. have u all read his books???? they are well worth the read!

Last edited by Natatude; 01-08-2005 at 07:41 AM.

Closed Thread