It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

tiresome HB User
Thanks for the support

I would like to thank all of you for helping me. I guess I need to move to a new site. My fourth and last neuro (I can't bare to see one more) agrees with the first one that I have epilepsy. He said he didn't need to do any more tests that after listening to my symptoms he can say with certainty that it is Partial Complex Seizures, besides with no insurance and not working there was noway to do more tests as I wouldn't be able to pay for them. (Isn't America great?)
It is kind of funny that they are willing to make this dx without proof (my EEG was normal, no siezures during that 24 hours) and yet the other symptoms that point toward something else ( major depression, pain in legs, 2 months of blurry vision, 9 days of dizziness, weakness, and fatigue) are not worth looking into until I can pay for the services, SIGH.
The state I live in won't give a medical card unless you have young kids. Which really makes me mad because I know of a family that gets all kinds of aide and even had another child so they could get more, the husband has a medical card and got stitches for being drunk and showing how to split a hair with his sharp knife. He got to go to ER on a holiday and have it completely paid for. Sorry, I just had to vent a little.
Thanks to all,
Laura

Last edited by tiresome; 01-08-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #2

kisa HB User
Re: Thanks for the support

~~ Tiresome, I just lost a long post that I wrote to you, yes, I understand about the abuses that you see, have you applied for SSI/SSDI?. In most states, The state medicaid program should assist you upon the outcome of your claim ( I think all). Its a federal guideline to accept the pending case (denied/accepted, most will be denied first go around, they want to discourage you to give it up, it is a fight for disability) if you have Dr. notes & paper trail to back up your claim. What state, & how far did you get?, & why are you looking for a knew site?. I hope I can help you in anyway that I can.

Peace & hopes for pain free days sent in your direction
Kisa-

Last edited by kisa; 01-08-2005 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
(female)

tiresome HB User
Re: Thanks for the support

Thanks for the reply Kisa. I live in Illinois. I have applied for disability and medical card. on the SSD I am in the redetermination phase. On the medical card, my doctor filled out their form that I could not stand for more than 15 minutes, look up or down for more than a couple minutes, would have to rest often, and could not walk more than a certain distance (can't remember for sure, I think 25 yards) but they denied it saying that they didn't consider me disabled. I know I qualify for DDS on the epilepsy because I have more than 1 seizure a week and I take my meds, it is just not controled with meds. They wanted 3 forms filled out of people who have witnessed a seizure, I made copies and sent them 7. Also I have been dx with major depression and hospitalized 3 times.
I guess the thing that was bothering me was the dx of epilepsy. And that the neuro's ignore my other symptoms as being "emotional" or "exagerated" or " depressed people feel things most people ignore". I also meant that I would move to the epilepsy site instead of the MS site.
It is really hard to need medical attention and not be able to get it just because my daughter is over 18. That just doesn't make sense to me. They told me if I had young children I could have a medical card. Is it just me or is that some form of discrimination? I am too old for a medical card LOL or is my daughter too old for me to get a card? LOL I tried to tell her not to grow up, but she just wouldn't listen.
Thanks again,
Laura

Closed Thread