It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #1

PAX HB User
Brief vision disturbance (30 min.) like looking through beveled glass. Anyone same?

Hello.
Has anyone had this type of symptom:

A brief vision disturbance. It started very subtle - like I noticed that "things just didn't look right" and it was as if in both eyes - off to the "side" I saw a v like shape that was almost like looking at things through beveled glass. Looking at words in a book was also blurred and I had trouble reading them. It got worse with fogging - especially in the left eye and then just like magic, it cleared up and didn't return.

This lasted about 30 minutes. I was checked out by a local doc - who didn't have an answer for what had happened to me.

In the past (years ago) I had unexplained "numbness and tingeling" sensations in both arms, sometimes the legs. This lasted off and on for about 3 months and was presumed to be a virus.

Any chance this is the beginnings of MS?

The Following User Says Thank You to PAX For This Useful Post:
Tevie (02-27-2012)
Old 01-08-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
(female)

thnkpos HB User
Re: Brief vision disturbance (30 min.) like looking through beveled glass. Anyone same?

hi, i would suggest to u'r dr. to get u an mri.........
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
Inactive

ImL8 HB User
Re: Brief vision disturbance (30 min.) like looking through beveled glass. Anyone same?

I am newly dx with MS and that describes one of the symptoms that I had. Also, in speaking with another that suffers from MS, she had the same symptom as well.

Nancy

Old 01-08-2005, 08:00 PM   #4

kisa HB User

~~ Now that you mentioned that, I understand the Beveled glass sensation. I have been blaming a certain medication for many of the symptoms of MS. I did not bring it up at the time with my Dr., only to remove the medication, & I thought what I go thru today was a side affect. Today I know I was wrong. Wow, every day I find out more & more. Good luck to you all, peace & pain free wish's sent in your directions

Kisa (kat)

Old 01-09-2005, 03:51 AM   #5
(female)

camillec HB User

get a second opinion! i had on ocasion visual disturbances. blurry ect. i was reading that it can be a cause of fatigue. however that may of been an optical migrain. ,my daughter had one like that where she as she described it as looking through a prism or beveled glass. she had no pain associated with that. when i got a phone call from her school to pick her up i called her doctor who at the time referred her to a opthalmologist. and when he examined her completly his diagnosis was optical migrain. good luck
camillec

Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
(female)

vanillaspy HB User
Re: Brief vision disturbance (30 min.) like looking through beveled glass. Anyone sam

Hi
I have had those visual things going on for several years.....they seem to trigger in sunlight.....when I am tired and have been reading alot. DR. said you can actually take Tylenol and it will help......I never tried that..but the duration is usually under 30 minutes........

Old 03-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
(female)

c57s53 HB User
Re: Brief vision disturbance (30 min.) like looking through beveled glass. Anyone sam

I just read your post about your visual disturbance and I wanted to let you know that I have NOT been diagnosed with MS. I have Lupus with so many of the same symptoms that you guys here are talking about, but in any event. the eye disturbances I have frequently. My Neurologist refers to it as "complicated migrain". I have the bright zig zaggy distortions with bright lights. It starts more in the center of eyes and works it way out to peripheral vision until it is completely gone. I very rarely get the terrible headaches but have all the other symptoms of migrain......besides the visual disturbances I get tingling and partial numbness, sometimes nausea and sometimes I get very tired from them, but no headaches. I have visual field tests done regularly from the Plaquenil I take for Lupus and my Opthamo;ogist checks my vision every 6 months and has never mentioned anything about optic neuritis with me. It is always best to have it checked though as we are all different.
Hope everyone here is having a good painfree day.

Connie

Old 03-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

michael178 HB User

I think peripheral vision problems are a common, and early symptom of MS, also trouble focusing.

Closed Thread