It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 06:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
so scared of mri, and when i go to collect my results

hi all, i have been waiitting for mri for months, should be sometime this year. all this waiting is upsetting me. im having dreams of the pics of scan and being told i have ms etc. any one else understand?

Old 01-11-2005, 06:53 AM   #2

polishkittycat HB User
Re: so scared of mri, and when i go to collect my results

Before I had mine done I had irritable bowel for weeks.... I had panic episodes over it. What helped me was to breathe deeply (when I started to get upset) and then when I had the test I counted back from 100 the whole time I was in there. I mean I must have counted back like a million times but I did, over and over and over again. Also I thought about being on the beach. Really I think that the waiting and anxiety over "what could be, or what is happening to your body" is sometimes just as bad if not worse than the real things. I am not sure about anyone else but stress and anxiety make all of my physical symptoms intensified as well as mentally too.

Good luck, think good thoughts, I will be thinking about you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 07:09 AM   #3
(female)

hpygrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriltones
hi all, i have been waiitting for mri for months, should be sometime this year. all this waiting is upsetting me. im having dreams of the pics of scan and being told i have ms etc. any one else understand?

Hi,
Don't worry so much. I had an mri about a month ago and while I was terrified I was happy to finally get some answers. Keep your eyes closed and deep breathing helped. I also pictured myself laying on the beach. Turned out to be normal so now they are sending me for another one on my spine. I just wish they could have done it all at the same time. They can give you something to relax if you are really scared
Good luck!

Old 01-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
Veteran

baddoey HB User

I've had 3 mri's in the last 5 months and I am going to get another one in 2 weeks, I will have to be in the tube for almost 2 hours with that one - there are loads of worse tests out there - there is no pain, you just lie there. . think of it as time to yourself. It is really boring more than anything. the tech was telling me that mothers actually like it bc it is the only time when they are almost alone and no one is bothering them or asking them for something. if you are claustrophobic I would suggest getting some valium or something else to relax you.

MS is scary - life is scary, but there are some treatment out there that can really help. . I hope you aren't sick and there is some simple cure for what ails you.

chin-up

Old 01-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
(female)

thnkpos HB User

baddoey, how are u, and what r u'r symptoms???? how come so many mri's, what stage are u? and what are u taking and is it helping..............
April, i cant believe how long u have to wait, im waiting also to see a neuro, hang in there............ best of luck

Old 01-11-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
Veteran

baddoey HB User

I'm ok - I just got dxed and have had one infusion of tysabri on the 6th - no reaction. . my symptoms are mostly sensory at this time, tingles/burning/eye weirdness/facial numbness. I had my first MRI back in August of the brain (showed a few lesions) and then other of the spine a few weeks later (no lesions) - EVP came back normal and spinal was clear. Then to start the tysabri I had to do a full brain and spine again. And now I am being enrolled in a study so they are doing a v. detailed MRI of just the brain. I'm doing ok - still running and excising. . planning on giving this thing a run for its money.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
(female)

thnkpos HB User

if you dont mind me asking........... what qualified or made the dr. think u should try tysabri? and how do u feel now?
thanks tammy

Last edited by thnkpos; 01-11-2005 at 07:54 PM.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:51 AM   #8
Veteran

baddoey HB User

Tysabri has shown good results with the newly dxed in reducing the number is lesions that form somtimes up to 66% over a control group - this is all very new. there are just 2 year of data out there, going on third so that is a little un-nerving. . but i trust my doctor and my cousin actually working on the drug - so I have a good feeling about it.

Closed Thread