It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

canadaann HB User
Anyone's symptoms start with Double vision?

Did anyone's symptoms start with double vision? I am still undiagnosed. I've had MG (myasthenia gravis) for years, but gone into remission. A few months ago, I started double vision which got really bad (anything beyond 3 feet and more was doubled). It came slowly and left slowly (had it for about 2 or 3 weeks in total). I aslo had a hoarse throat that came with the double vision and left as well (I am not a smoker or drinker, in case anyone is wondering). I also had numbness in my legs and pins and needles feelings, that come and go (my arms would be asleep sometimes when I would get up). No pain, at all, no headaches, no back problems, or jaw or neck stiffness like most of you describe. I just gave birth again a year ago, wondering if that triggered MS, or just my body giving up after 40 LOL!

Should I be looking elsewhere for a dignosis. If any of you who have been diagnosed and notice that these symptoms were similar to yours, please let me know. My neurologist doesn't know what to think.

Anne

Old 01-12-2005, 02:27 AM   #2
(female)

midlsister HB User
Re: Anyone's symptoms start with Double vision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaann
Did anyone's symptoms start with double vision? I am still undiagnosed. I've had MG (myasthenia gravis) for years, but gone into remission. A few months ago, I started double vision which got really bad (anything beyond 3 feet and more was doubled). It came slowly and left slowly (had it for about 2 or 3 weeks in total). I aslo had a hoarse throat that came with the double vision and left as well (I am not a smoker or drinker, in case anyone is wondering). I also had numbness in my legs and pins and needles feelings, that come and go (my arms would be asleep sometimes when I would get up). No pain, at all, no headaches, no back problems, or jaw or neck stiffness like most of you describe. I just gave birth again a year ago, wondering if that triggered MS, or just my body giving up after 40 LOL!

Should I be looking elsewhere for a dignosis. If any of you who have been diagnosed and notice that these symptoms were similar to yours, please let me know. My neurologist doesn't know what to think.

Anne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 02:35 AM   #3
(female)

midlsister HB User

Anne:
I Am New To The Hb Site. I Just Wanted To Give A Little Info. I Have 2 Sisters. One With Ms & The Other With Mg. I Also Have Ms. The Sister With Ms Started Of With Jaw Numbness And Neck Weakness. She Also Had Some Pins And Needles. She Had Her Nuerologist Due The Scan. No Signs Of Lesions Or Such. The Other Sister Is Full Blown Ms. If Your Nuerologist Is Saying He Does Not Know Whats Up. Get A Second Opinion What Ever It Takes To Get A Definative Answer.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:46 AM   #4
(female)

canadaann HB User

Thanks for your reply. I am desperate to know, is it possible for someone with MG to get MS or not at all (meaning one or the other). Can you answer me that question since both run in your family.
Anne

Last edited by canadaann; 01-12-2005 at 08:47 AM.

Old 01-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #5
(female)

canadaann HB User
Doube vision anyone????????????????????

Still hoping to get an answer if anyone had double vision.
Anne

Old 01-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #6
(female)

dealingcms HB User

Well, let's see -- at my first attack I had blind spot with one eye.
This last attack I noticed blurred vision.
I haven't had exactly double vision.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
(male)

Tom90 HB User

One day all was good ,was getting on the free way and when I looked into my side mirror everything went double , So bad I had to reach up and cover one eye just to see well enough to get off the freeway and get to my doctor's office. He in turn referred me to a neurologist whom sent me to the hospital for testing. inpatient allowed them to do all the testing they needed with out the waiting for approvals it took them four days of testing and steroids, lumbar punctures to give me a dx of MS . I am on Avenox and for the most part I feel like Iím doing fine .

Old 09-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

That was a quick diagnosis. I am glad you are doing better!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 09-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
(male)

Tom90 HB User
Unhappy Re: Anyone's symptoms start with Double vision?

Sorry I didnt catch this post was 6 years ago:::

Closed Thread