It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

swn00 HB User
Multiple Sclerosis Itching?

I was diagnosed with MS in April 2004. I'm doing fairly well physically but mentally feel like every weird symptom that happens to me is not MS but something worse. My neurologist put me on anxiety medicine and it's helping some but I still keep freaking out every time something new happens. Right now I'm fixating on overall itching (anywhere on the body) that doesn't last long and the next time it happens it's in a completely different place. Also tingling and sensations in areas that don't seem to be related to MS (i.e. pelvic area). Anyone else out there with similarities? My sanity would appreciate your help )

Old 01-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #2

llcoolbeans1 HB User
Re: Multiple Sclerosis Itching?

I have heard of people who have tingling sensations in the pelvic area. I read one woman's blog that she started tingling in her legs and it went all the way up to her "privates". As for the itching, sometimes the more you focus on it the more it will itch. Try taking some benadryl... that works for my daughter when she gets the itchies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
(female)

namaah HB User

My skin itches like crazy, mostly where I can't reach. LOL - I think that's more due to dry skin though, I can't really tell since I've lost almost all sensation in both hands.

As far as the pelvic area, I lost all sensation there for a while. Now I've got "some" sensation but not nearly enough if you know what I mean.

Old 02-26-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
(female)

Donnalynne HB User

Hi, I have almost constant itshing in my legs, it drives me nuts at times, especially when I take a bath. I find that when I apply an ultra rich body cream the itching subsides. The itching, I know can drive you completely mad especially when you scratch so hard and long your skin becomes scarlet and sore. I also find a full body massage helps, it relaxes you so much that you don't concentrate on the next itching attack. I hope you find somthing that helps, sympathy and understanding are sent to you!!!

Last edited by Donnalynne; 02-26-2005 at 07:47 AM.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
(female)

blueslvr53 HB User

Itching has been a problem for me as well. Sometimes it is an itch, sometimes it is a *****ly feeling and sometimes it is a tingling feeling. The are all starting to blend together! Sometimes I dont know what I am feeling anymore! However I was also taking anxiety meds. Since I stopped taking them on a regular basis the itching doesnt seem as bad. Did your itching start after you started the anxiety meds?

Old 03-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #6
(female)

swn00 HB User

I think you might be on to something !!!! I think my itching started when I started taking Lexapro (anti-depressant/anxiety). I hope to come off the Lexapro soon but these days, I'm tending to obsess that there is something worse wrong with me than MS. Everytime something different happens to me, I think it's cancer raising it's ugly head. Do you ever feel that way?

Old 03-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
(female)

swn00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swn00
I think you might be on to something !!!! I think my itching started when I started taking Lexapro (anti-depressant/anxiety). I hope to come off the Lexapro soon but these days, I'm tending to obsess that there is something worse wrong with me than MS. Everytime something different happens to me, I think it's cancer raising it's ugly head. Do you ever feel that way?

Old 03-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #8
(male)

bairdy HB User

hi
I get itchy all over my legs but ive not had a dx yet take care.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #9
(female)

sjogren's HB User

Iv'e been having a major itching attack on my legs recently. I scratch so bad they want to bleed. I dont know if it is allergy or a flare up. I itch other places to but not as bad as my legs. Lotion or cream help.

talk to you soon
sjogren's

Old 04-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #10
(female)

pussnkatz HB User

sorry to hear about your itching , I too am itching but right now I am playing the "is it M.S. or am I crazy game" It is nice to hear another person going through the itching I thought it maybe grade four cooties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swn00
I was diagnosed with MS in April 2004. I'm doing fairly well physically but mentally feel like every weird symptom that happens to me is not MS but something worse. My neurologist put me on anxiety medicine and it's helping some but I still keep freaking out every time something new happens. Right now I'm fixating on overall itching (anywhere on the body) that doesn't last long and the next time it happens it's in a completely different place. Also tingling and sensations in areas that don't seem to be related to MS (i.e. pelvic area). Anyone else out there with similarities? My sanity would appreciate your help )

Old 04-19-2005, 09:15 AM   #11
(female)

LaDeeDa HB User

Over the years I went to dermatologists thinking I had some sort of skin irritation. The only irritation was where I had scratched myself to near-bloody! The dermotologists never did seem to know what was causing it , but would give me a cream or an ointment and send me on my itchy way.

Now I know that the itching or 'skin crawly' sensation is another MS effect. I get it mostly on my head and neck. I squirm and I scratch unchecked when I'm home, but when I'm out in public I try to keep my gyrations in check. Anyone seeing me must think I'm hyperactive and flea-infested!!

Dee

Old 04-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #12
(female)

lah HB User

I too have a problem with itching. It is mostly on my left arm. It is a nasty mess right now! I have been going to a dermatologist for 5 months now with no answers. It started during my last major episode. I am still in "limbo" right now with no dx. It is helpful to hear that I am not the only one going through these feelings like my body is working against me.

laura

Old 04-19-2005, 01:54 PM   #13
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Hi, I'm an itcher too. Mostly on my neck, arms and on my shins(sp) calves. I'd scratch my shins till they would bleed and and i'd have big ugly scraches on them. I found that if I apply Palmers cocoa butter with vitamin E, (the kind in the jar works best). on them every morning it helps me a ton! It's so thick that it lasts all day, and it is not expensive.

---Moon

Old 04-20-2005, 03:33 AM   #14
(female)

Phyd66 HB User

I'm new here. Not yet diagnosed. Still searching. I have that same itching, but not all the time. It's in my hips more than anywhere. Maybe someone has experienced this...an itch soooo deep if feels like it could be in the bone or real close to it? Can't get to those.

Great Day All!

Old 04-20-2005, 10:41 AM   #15
(female)

dawnies HB User

Hi, Im new here too, just been sat back looking and observing from a distance but i was reading about the itching you all seem to be having. .........i was dx 2 years ago with rrms and i get itching quite often too usually on my arms or the side of my face and ear it feels like there a lot of creepie crawlies under my skin and i can,t get to them i go to drs and he gives me a course of steroids which sorts it out in a couple of days. Take care

Closed Thread