It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 05:03 PM   #1

llcoolbeans1 HB User
Convinced I have MS(sorry long post)

Things started to go down hill for me back in July when I started to have really bad chest pains. I thought for sure I was having a heart attack. EKG was normal and was told I had severe reflux. Since the reflux mimicked a heart attack I panicked every time I had it until the endoscopy proved it to be reflux and showed a large polyp. Thought my worries were over at that point. Then I began having weird periods. Had a pap done which came back abnormal. Tests for cervical cancer were good. During this time I began having bad pains in the pelvic area along with frequent urination and weird burning on my side and pain in the kidney area. Tested for UTI and had a pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cancer...all came back normal. No explaination for the pains. Pelvic pains went away but kidney pains remained. Had more tests...ultrasounds, and IVP...all negative. Finally after a month or so the pains went away. Then I had a horrendous period...rushed to the ER due to excessive bleeding. Put on double dose of birth control which made me very very sick...sick to my stomach and dizzy. I didn't eat for 2 weeks. During that time I started having bowel problems. Doctor rushed me for a colonoscopy to check for colon cancer...came back negative. Was told I have IBS. Still felt like crap after all of this. Sick to my stomach all the time. Could only eat one meal a day. Having severe headaches and lightheadedness. Pretty sure that was just a sinus infection. Reflux came back full force. Then my right leg started falling asleep. Not too much at first. I was convinced it was a pinched nerve since I have been sitting a lot more than I used to due to not feeling well. Then came a cramping in my right calf. Went to see 3 different doctors about this. One did an ultrasound looking for DVTs, another did blood work and told me my calf could not be cramping and the 3rd told me to wait it out. During this time I managed to slip on a wet floor and broke my shoulder(just what I needed). The leg thing started about 3 weeks ago. Now I am experiencing both legs falling asleep and my cheeks tingling on ocassion. Last night I started getting random twitches throughout my body. First in my thigh which lasted about 2 hours. Then all over. They don't last too long, just annoying. Today I began having shooting, burning pains throughout my body. They go as quickly as they come and happen all over my body. Last night I was also having shooting pains in my left ear...very weird. I am convinced it is MS. I can't imagine any other diagnosis other than a brain tumor which I plan not to think about. I am not sure if the beginning of my problems was related to this or not or just a coincidence.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

PollyMcAnna HB User
Re: Convinced I have MS(sorry long post)

Hi ... I have no answers for you, but your letter touched my heart. Hang on tight until help finds you.

Gentle hugs ...

PollyMcAnna

Old 01-17-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi, i have this. not sure whats wrong yet. waiting for mri. check fibro board, search benighn fasculations syndrome. harmless condition but annoying. good luck!! i know what your going through, love april x

Old 01-17-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Being the hypchondriac that I am, every time I go on "Google" and do symptoms every one is MS - so I wouldn't worry about it - EVERYTHING is a symptom of MS. It's funny how you said you went from reflux problems, to pelvic pain to bowel problems - me too!!!! (since November - except I never went to a doctor) Do you have any anxiety problems?

Old 01-17-2005, 08:17 AM   #5

llcoolbeans1 HB User

I have had 2 anxiety attacks...one was pretty major and I wound up going to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. That was during the severe reflux stage and then I had a minor one 2 weeks ago. I immediately recognized the second one. I am a mental health professional so fortunately I do know the symptoms of an attack. I was able to immediately calm myself down and it was over very quickly. I am actually less anxious with about having a diagnosis of MS then I was when they were fearing the different cancers. My symptoms are not anxiety related and have come about during periods where I was starting to feel better. Seems the moment I begin to feel better and am stupid enough to tell someone I am finally doing better something else major happens to me. I have decided I am cursed...LOL! I am going to have my doctor test my B12 level next. I just assumed the last doctor did when she ordered blood tests but when looking over my records on line it appears she just did a metabolic level and magnesium. My PCP and I both figured she would have checked the B12 and Folate. Guess you can't assume the doctors are on top of things. B12 definciencies can cause numbness and dizziness along with cramping muscles.

Old 01-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

i know. i worry that it could be b12 deficiency as it dont always show up on tests. i found that on another site. cant say to much as dont want to get into trouble on here. if your nails have lines,ridges it a sighn apparently. and if you have no moons on nails. ?? love april x

Old 01-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #7

llcoolbeans1 HB User

Hmmm...didn't know that about the lines and ridges. I certainly have those. I was just noticing that the other day as I sadly attempted a manicure without the full use of my left arm(fractured humeral tuberosity). Only have moons on half of my fingers. I am hoping it is a simple as deficiency. I just got off the phone with my sister in law who had most of the same symptoms without the muscle twitching, fatigue and pains 2 yrs ago . She was told she had arthritis in her neck which caused her arms, hands, feet and face to go to sleep. When she went to the doctor about this he rushed her in immediately that day for an MRI. She can't figure out why I have to wait 3 weeks. She said she has to go the chiropractor weekly and she is fine. However now is experiencing the muscle twitches I have and does not see the correlation. So there could be other explanations I never thought of.

Closed Thread