It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
(female)

ohjambo HB User
Mild MS is not so mild

I had a relapse last week and was hospitalized. My left leg is getting weaker. I have been taken Copaxone for two months now. I guess I was hoping to see things get better. I would like to chat with someone who is still working and how do they go through everyday without spending all there energy on work and having some left for home. I have troubles with my legs and temors in my right arm.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Mild MS is not so mild

Hi, I'm working full time and, you know, it's tough. Some weeks are really tough when all I think about is getting home to bed and the dishes and dirty clothes are piling up...

I don't know what to tell you. I just take it a day at a time, don't push when I'm not feeling well, take advantage of the energy when I am feeling good. Try to enlist the help of friends and family for chores you're not feeling up to... I've noticed a stubbornness in MSers who refuse to ask for help! While I am that way too, I've learned to ask... there have been times when I've been too sick to even call the doctor myself.

I hope this flare-up passes very soon for you!!

Last edited by sunshine149; 01-18-2005 at 09:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
(female)

Heddi HB User
Re: Mild MS is not so mild

I too work full-time and at times come home completely exhausted. I have noticed that when I start to feel fatigue my thoughts are cloudy, I make mistakes walking, at work, and driving. These are the evenings I go home and just relax. I also take Copaxone and had alot of expectations that so far have not been fulfilled. I have been on it since late July. My left side is the most affected too. I guess just keep in mind that this too shall pass and everything is temporary, God willing.

Closed Thread