It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:08 AM   #1
(female)

colepro HB User
Finally went to a dr ....

Hi Everyone, well I posted here a few weeks back, my new years resolutin swas to finally go to a dr and see what is wrong with me. Well I went last night and now I just don't know if I will go back... he handed me a form to fill out... questions...well as soon as I saw it I knew it was for depression... could he be right could all the symptoms be from depression.. I just feel crazy now... It was my first time in years to go... he has asked me to go back on monday for a physical... I haven't had one in 21 years so I guess it is time. But now I just think he thinks I am crazy and well I want to jsut forget about the whole thing.. I am really thinking about canceling.
Here are the symptoms I told him about:
*White fog over my eyes
* Blurry vision, night driving is really bad.
*I have been having issues speaking
*Memory
* Fatigue.
*overheat
*Anxiety
*Feet fall asleep a lot
*When walking actually have to think about lifting my feet.
*Heavy legs.
*Very emotional.. can cry so easy I think I am pregnant!
*hearing is bad, worse at times (progressive for the last 3-4 years)
*High pitched noise in ears sometimes
*I get numb fingers and toes and pins and needles ( and down the side of my hands and feet)
*Weakness in hands
*light headed.
*Pain in my feet when I stand up after sitting for a while or sleeping. At times it is very intense.
*My legs down to my feet hurt from too much walking or standing. Not throbbing pain, constant.
*hard to concentrate/pay attention.
*People can tell me things and it is like it went in one ear and out the other... I didn't get any point, I have no idea what they were telling me.
*Pain/crampy in muscles and joints.
*Frequent Urination,
*Constipation
*Problems swallowing, like something is stuck at times
*Depression, Mood swings, lack of Libido.

Could this all be in my head... am I crazy... I am not a hypochondriac... I am never sick... now I just feel dumb....
Any input would be great.
thanks
Paula

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #2
(female)

thnkpos HB User
Re: Finally went to a dr ....

hi paula, keep being persistant.......... go to u'r appt, and tell him u want an mri to feel comfortable, that u think the symptoms u have could be ms related, u tell him!......... best of luck to you, hang in there............. tammy

Old 01-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #3

llcoolbeans1 HB User

I am a mental health professional and no it doesn't sound like depression. You would not have all those symptoms with depression. I hate when docs blame everything on depression....ticks me off!!!!

Old 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
(female)

colepro HB User

Thank you both, I am not the best at standing up for myself and now feel worse than before I went. I am going to go to the physical apt on monday night and if I feel this bda after and he simply calls everything depression I will have to build up the gull to fire him and get a new dr.
thank you both again, it means so much when others are there that understand. I have not discussed any of this with any close friends or family.. other than my husband.. of which I have talked to him maybe twice.
Again thanks
Paula

Closed Thread