It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 AM   #1

SuzU HB User
Everything shakes-so tired of it-help, please?

Hi,
I haven't been diagnosed yet. I have a lesion at c6-7 on my spinal cord that was thought to be a syrinx, now another doctor thinks possible MS. MRI of brain is normal. All other tests so far normal-hoping for a spinal tap soon.
I'm extremely weak in arms, legs, hands,etc, also with bladder, swallowing and sensation problems and the the most bothersome symptom (if I had to choose...) is the constant tremors-everywhere!
When I sit up for too long, my whole abdomen shakes, my hands shake, my neck and head shake, and my mouth shakes.
Does anyone else have this-if so, does it ever stop and is there any treatment?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Everything shakes-so tired of it-help, please?

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I have heard that there are anti-spastic drugs that are prescibed for people with MS, particularly bladder problems. Many people also claim marijuana helps with muscle spasms.

I have had sensation loss before and it is very aggravating. I hope you get answers, and more importantly, treatment, very very soon!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #3
(female)

namaah HB User

When my back goes my husband calls it a dance attack, cute name for something that is highly frustrating. I hope others follow up to this, yesterday I talked to my neuro about the tremors and she just made noncommital noises. I'd like to drink my coffee like a normal person - not through a straw thank you very much. Until I can feel fairly safe I won't be wearing my coffee ... well...

I have noticed a correlation between fatigue and the tremors. The more I want a nap the worse the tremors are.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:11 PM   #4

SuzU HB User

Thanks for the responses.
Namaah-wouldn't drinking coffee cause worsening of tremors? I used to think coffee was what was causing me to shake, until recently when I got a progression of neuro symptoms and I quit drinking coffee, but alas, the shakes continue!
Sunshine-at this rate I'm ready to smoke myself a good old fashioned joint if it would help me escape this crumbling body of mine!

Old 01-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
(female)

namaah HB User

Coffee hasn't affected me like that, although being a true Seattle-ite if I don't drink coffee the migraines are worse.

Are you taking any muscle relaxers? Neuro just prescribed 10mg of flexeril for me to take at night to help with the muscle aches and it seems to be help the tremors as well. Last night was the first 10mg dose and I have tremored yet today. Coincidence or not, unsure.... either way its nice not being shaky on my feet so far.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #6

SuzU HB User

I am not dx'ed, so the best I could get any doctor to prescribe is Xanax, because after all, I am crazy don't ya know...
The Xanax doesn't help at all, just makes me tired and addicted, so I don't take it any more.
I'm going to a new neuro next week-hope he will listen better than the other guys.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #7
(female)

namaah HB User

Originally the docs prescribed me flexeril and other mild muscle relaxants when I was dx'd with rhematoid arthritis. Helps the joints heal and what not if the muscles aren't all tense. Throughout all of my dx's I've just told my GP/PCP that I have achey muscles and want a muscle relaxant, so far no one has batted an eye - even new docs.

Might want to look the doc straight in the eye and tell him/her exactly what you want. Whether its 10mg of flexeril or 350mg of soma (I've got both and so far like the flexeril better).

My neurologist had to be told to write a scrip for steroids when there were two large active lesions. It sucks, but speaking up and making them justify why they won't give you something, that potentially could help, puts the power back in your hands where it belongs. I always feel like an ogre afterwards, and it does nothing for my serenity or blood pressure, but it gets results.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:00 PM   #8

Dessell HB User

Hello,
I know this is so frustrating,hang in there.My shakes or tremors are not noticable during the day,or I just don't notice as much until I lay down in bed,,then my jaw jerks like crazy ,my eyes move as if I am watching a train go by,lol,,last night I had a buzzing in my left arm,very weird sensation.Hope you get some relief,Dessell

Closed Thread