It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 10:32 AM   #1

llcoolbeans1 HB User
Anyone ever have jaw pain?

This is very weird but my jaw muscles are tight and achy. A couple of times when I was chewing my jaw kind of started clicking...very odd. Right now it feels like I have been chewing on something very hard and chewy....like after I have eaten a hard roll. You know how your jaw muscles tighten up when you chew a lot? Also has anyone else experience the tip of their nose vibrating? That is another really strange thing that has happend a few times.

My leg tingles have subsided quite a bit and only happen occasionally. Sometimes I think that depends on my position or if I have been sitting a while I can feel it when I start walking. My calf cramps are minimal now as well. And the tingles in my cheeks come rarely now. I do still get slight muscle twitches all over my body. Not big jerky spasms...just tiny twitches that aren't really visible if you are looking at it. However, I am absolutely exhausted still! By 2pm I am ready for bed. I don't know if that has to do with the fact that I am not sleeping all that well or not. My broken shoulder does not help with that. Last night I took 2 vicodin for my shoulder pain and went to bed at 8pm. By 10:30pm I was wide awake again and could not sleep for more than 15 minute intervals off and on for the rest of the night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #2
Veteran

baddoey HB User
Re: Anyone ever have jaw pain?

I've had jaw tightness/pain - that was back before my dx. thought it was tjm, got some work done on it but nothing changed. . but again this was before I knew what was really going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

Yes, I have had jaw pain. They thought it was TMJ but it was never really diagnosed. The one thing that helps me is the retainer that I wear from when I got my braces off as a child. (no, I do not still have the same one!) I am 24 and got them off when I was 13. My orthodontist is one of the few that does not use wire retainers. Mine is two pieces of clear plastic that were molded to my teeth and slip right over them just like invisilign braces. It is very comfortable, and really helps keep my jaw in good alignment when I sleep. It really helps with the jaw pain. I get a new one made every few years.

Go to the dental board to see what else you can do.

Last edited by purple2067; 01-22-2005 at 03:09 PM.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

check the tmj board? love aprilx

Old 01-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
(female)

NannyRose6 HB User

I have trouble with clenching my teeth together and teeth chattering, everyone is different
Rose

Old 01-25-2005, 04:05 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

I've had jaw pain since I was a pre-teen, the clicking when I chew, the jaw getting stuck, the pulled muscles, but I was just told that it was a lose disc in my jaw... What is TMJ?

Closed Thread