It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #1

llcoolbeans1 HB User
Question Cousin had many of the same symptoms but was not DX'd with MS

My cousin was just telling me that 2 yrs ago she was dealing with her hands falling asleep and going numb. Then her cheeks began going numb and she had horrible headaches. At that point her feet joined in the fun and went numb. She finally went to the doctor convinced she had MS. Her doctor was afraid she had it also and ordered an immediate MRI for that day along with all the blood test for other stuff. She was told that she has the beginnings of Rhuematoid Arthritis in her neck and that is what caused the problems. She says it acts up everyone in awhile since then but she goes to the Chiropractor and in time it goes away. I was telling her how I am getting these really weird twitches throughout my body and really bad reflux. She said she just started to experience the same thing but does not feel it is connected to the other stuff. I wonder if she was misdiagnosed 2 yrs ago. She insists that as long as she sees the chiropractor regularly she is fine. It is when she doesn't that all the symptoms come back. That would be wonderful if just a snap of the neck could take care of all this. I hope for her sake she wasn't misdiagnosed and is now ignoring more symptoms with the twitching. The doctor stopped all testing after her MRI when he saw imflammation in her neck. She never did see a neurologist. What do you all think? She is one of those people who really does not trust modern medicine. She is into everything holistic. She used to give her children garlic enimas when they were infants up through elementary school because she felt it cleaned the toxins out of their bodies....poor kids! Funny thing is...her kids were ALWAYS sick with colds, allergies, asthma, etc...LOL! She is just a little weird!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread