It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2005, 04:29 AM   #1

Rosie101 HB User
Cool MS and Parkinson's

Hi everyone, two years ago I was diagnosed at 50 with PD. Tremors in hands chin, wobbly short step walking ect.
To rule out any other disease I had an MRI and 12 white spots (lesions) can be clearly seen, even by me. MS diagnosed, but I am sure I have never had an attack.

This is my question. Are they attacks where you need to go to hospital or just annoying symptons? I have had numbness on the left side of my face three times in the last few years. Heat really affects me and makes me weak and fatiqued. I put this down to Parkinsons. Not good, as I live in good 'ol Oz which is hot, hot, hot.

My worst symptons are weakness and tiredness. I sleep an awful lot. When I feel weak I must sit down or fall down, I have no choice.
Reading other messages I agree that I also get cold sores and lots of mouth
ulcers.
I'm seeing my Neurologist soon and he wants to do a spinal tap. What will this tell him when I already have the brain spots?
I see some people have had negative results and yet still have MS.

I guess what I am trying to ask is, what are the major symptons of MS. I have heard of people having to be given serious medications. What were their symptons, does anyone know?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Rosie101; 01-23-2005 at 04:30 AM. Reason: font

Old 01-24-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: MS and Parkinson's

the biggest "groupings" of symptoms, i think, would be muscle weakness and spasm issues, visual disturbances, topical numbness. all of these symptoms can be mild or severe, constant or relapsing.

i too have cold sores and moth ulcers and extreme fatigue. i have also had left side facial numbness.

i certainly hope you get answers soon, a spinal tap might enable them to diagnosis MS more clearly buy then again, it might not...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread