It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #1

llcoolbeans1 HB User
Question Does anyone get a weird "chills" feeling just in their heads?

The chills going through my head is a little freaky! I have been getting chills through my whole body a lot lately but a couple of times of a day I get them just in my head...very strange!

Also are muscle twitches just a symptom of ALS or also of MS? I have been getting them all the time and it is so annoying. They don't last very long and quickly move on to another part of my body. However, now I am worried that it is a symptom of ALS. I am a 36 yr old female and do not have any muscle weakness so I know it is a long shot, but still a little scary!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran

baddoey HB User
Re: Does anyone get a weird "chills" feeling just in their heads?

I get chills. . more intense that the normal ones, sometimes I get good bumps, sometimes no. . sometimes a little numbness on my head. .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
Inactive

ImL8 HB User

Yeah..........I had never thought of it as "chills", but that's a good description!
ALso, I have muscles twitches once in awhile (I have MS) but before I was DX'd with MS, my doctor did scare me when he said that if the tests for MS didn't show anything, he'd check me for ALS!! Kind of a scary thing to hear!! 'specially when my Dad had ALS. Have you been diagnosed with anything?

Old 01-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #4

llcoolbeans1 HB User

No, I have not been diagnosed with anything. I have been going through a lot of stuff over the past 6 months. Everything appeared to be separate at the time but with my current symptoms of tingling legs, ankles, feet and face along with the muscle twitches, sudden quick shooting pains, headaches, muscle cramps and fatigue they seem to all tie together now. I see a neurologist the end of next week and hopefully will have an MRI this week or early next. My family doctor ordered the MRI today. I am anxious to get some answers.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #5

SuzU HB User

The twitches associated with ALS are called "fasciculations" and would be visible to the naked eye. Also, they are caused by muscle destruction, so there would be marked weakness (meaning you get your friend or s.o. or spouse to test your strength in hands, arms, shoulders, legs, wherever the twitches are...and see if you have diminished strength in the muscle that is twitching.) The classic ALS presentation is weakness that is measurable on exam, also swallowing difficulty or difficulty breathing.

My husband has been worked up for ALS a few times and so I've done the research. Benign fasciculation syndrome can cause the visible twitches and muscle fatigue-that's what my hubby has.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #6

SuzU HB User

The twitches associated with ALS are called "fasciculations" and would be visible to the naked eye. Also, they are caused by muscle destruction, so there would be marked weakness (meaning you get your friend or s.o. or spouse to test your strength in hands, arms, shoulders, legs, wherever the twitches are...and see if you have diminished strength in the muscle that is twitching.) The classic ALS presentation is weakness that is measurable on exam, also swallowing difficulty or difficulty breathing.

My husband has been worked up for ALS a few times and so I've done the research. Benign fasciculation syndrome can cause the visible twitches and muscle fatigue-that's what my hubby has.

Your age-36 is not a typical age for the onset of ALS. It is a rare disease and only presents in folks under 40 in 2% of the few people who get ALS.
Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:00 AM   #7

Dessell HB User

Hello,
I get a sensation on my head like a foot falling to sleep with numbness.
Wish you all well,
Dessell

Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
(male)

moore12321 HB User

Ok! I get these weird chills that start from the bottom of my back and travels to the top. Sometimes its my whole torso. Whenever they happen I just lean back and push my chest forward. But if im in public I hold it by squeezing my fist. Some points it feels goo sometimes it scares me ( a little). Do you know what it is?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I had chills in my hands and head from January through April. I wore gloves and a sock cap even indoors. They helped me.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore12321 View Post
Ok! I get these weird chills that start from the bottom of my back and travels to the top. Sometimes its my whole torso. Whenever they happen I just lean back and push my chest forward. But if im in public I hold it by squeezing my fist. Some points it feels goo sometimes it scares me ( a little). Do you know what it is?
Welcome! I see the post you've responded to is quite old, so you may want to make a new one, introducing yourself, and telling us a little about you (if you have been diagnosed with MS and what type, in the process of searching, etc).

I get weird 'feelings' through my head. Sometimes chills, sometimes tingly feeling. In my case it's the MS.

Closed Thread