It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
(male)

thecowboy HB User
Daughter has MS - Question

My daughter, age 32, was diagnosed with MS in November. I spoke with her earlier this evening and she has had bouts of falling down and nauseous with no apparent reason. I am trying to educate myself on MS and have, so far, not seen any indications of problems with falling down. She just recently started her daily steriod treatments and has been under a lot of additional stress the last few days due to a car accident and the 16 year old that hit her, insurance company has been dragging their feet on fixing her new car.

Is the falling down normal? This all started on Thursday evening.

Thanks.. TOm

Old 01-24-2005, 06:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User
Re: Daughter has MS - Question

yes i believe it is normal,,, i fell down the steps alot,, so my momma and daddy gave me back a one level home they bought from my husband and i in 1991, because he didn;t want me living in the house with stairs anymore,, i have only fell down twice since we have been back in the one level home, working on 3 yrs now,,, i just walk and my brain doesn;t tell my legs fast enough what they are doing and bam bam bam is all it takes,, i tell my neuro about it and write it down everytime it happens,, but he hasn;t did anything or just talk about that alone so i guess it is something i gotta learn to live with,,, walking with a cane when i am outside on any uneven ground helps alot! i hope ur daughter does well with the MS,, there are good days and bad days,, and it sounds like she has a great dad that loves her just like i do! my parents do anything they can for me and call me on a daily basis,, and they take me to my appts since my husdband is the forman at his work and works the second shift and can not take me to afternoon appts! i am 34 yrs old been married almost 17 yrs and we have one daughter who is 15 and is a big help! just always let ur daughter know ur there for her and that alone helps deal with the MS in a huge way! good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
(male)

thecowboy HB User
Re: Daughter has MS - Question

Thanks.. my daughter doesn't live with me, but does live in a second floor apt. The falling down just started and I told her to talk to her Doctor tomorrow. This is all new to me but I am trying to educate myself. I raised her and her brother by myself so we are pretty close. She doesn't want to worry me but that is what Dad's are for! Good luck and thanks for responding.. Tom

Closed Thread