It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 06:19 AM   #1
(female)

colepro HB User
Thanks.. I took everyone's advice...kept the dr apt!

Thank you everyone that replied to my post from a week or so ago. I went to the dr for my physical... it was long 1.5 hours... it didn't help that he had an intern with him but what do you do! The dr. is really making me second guess myself, he has asked for a MRI (it will take 3-4 before I get my apt)but really he seems to blame everything on depression and the pain in my feet on my weight ( I am 5'6, 201pounds) I don't know now... To be told that it is all in your head is upsetting... at least I get an MRI..maybe that will help put my mind at ease. It took a lot for me to go to the dr, about 15 months of maybe I should...
Again thanks for listening I am gong to post the symptoms again for those who missed the first post.
Paula

*White fog over my eyes (did go see a dr ( 2 years ago, they told me I had blocked tear ducts)
* Blurry vision, night driving is really bad.
*I have been having issues speaking (looking back this started 3-4 years ago) mixing up words (i.e. fool, instead of food), slurring speech, not being able to pronunciation, and forgetting words fully.
*Memory issues
*Extreme Fatigue.
*overheat
*Anxiety attacks
*Feet fall asleep a lot
*When walking actually have to think about lifting my feet.
*Heavy legs.
*hearing is bad
*High pitched noise in ears sometimes
*I get numb fingers and toes and pins and needles (and down the side of my hands and feet)
*Weakness in hands
*light headed.
*Pain in my feet when I stand up after sitting for a while or sleeping. At times it is very intense.
*My legs down to my feet hurt from too much walking or standing. Not throbbing pain, constant.
*hard to concentrate/pay attention.
*People can tell me things and it is like it went in one ear and out the other... I didn't get any point, I have no idea what they were telling me.
*Pain/crampy in muscles and joints.
*Frequent Urination
*Constipation
*Problems swallowing
*Depression, Mood swings, lack of Libido.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

Heddi HB User
Re: Thanks.. I took everyone's advice...kept the dr apt!

I can empathize with your plight. When my symptoms started the doctors tried to pass it off as stress related for 3 visits until I demanded they send a referrel to a neurologist. I encourage you to stay persistent with the doctors. We know our own bodies and no when it is stress and depression vice something terribly wrong. Not to say that stress and depression is not terribly wrong but in most cases that can be cured. Unfortunately MS cannot at this present time. God willing one day we will not be able to say that.

Old 01-25-2005, 03:45 PM   #3

Dessell HB User

Hi,
I was told by 2 of the docs I first seen that I was stressed and worn out from taking care of my boy who is disabled.One even told me to lose weight,thats all I needed,lol.I have been thin until the last year and have had symptoms at least 9 years that I remember.You know if your body is ill,,get firm with them docs and get a good check up.Let us know how the mri goes.
Dessell

Old 01-26-2005, 07:01 AM   #4

llcoolbeans1 HB User

I am glad you went to the doctor. We know our bodies better than everyone and we really have to listen when they are saying something is wrong. I have never been sick aside from a yearly cold or a day of the flu. So I knew immediately when something was wrong. I have been pushing and pushing with my doctors which really isn't like me. In the past I probably would have believed anything they told me. But I have learned from my dad's illness and subsequent death to not trust the doctors very much. They screw up all the time and my dad's passing was all the proof I needed. My doctor never took me very seriously and neither did my gyno who I was also seeing. However, if you bug them enough they will do the tests. My pcp finally decided that I needed to have the MRI even before the neurologist appointment...he only ordered a brain MRI with and without contrast but it is a start. The neurologist may ask for the spine depending on my appointment next week.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
(female)

tiresome HB User

Keep going to the doctor!!!! Keep a journal of your symptoms, meds, dr appointments, and what they tell you. I have many of the same symptoms you report(I have not been DX with MS) I have the same problem with my feet, I am 5"7' and 180 lbs (I must stack it well because no one ever believes me when I say how much I weigh) But I had the pain in my feet when I weighed 145 so don't believe them when they say it is just because of your weight. At least I don't think so from my expeirence. In the mornings I swear it feels like the muscles around my feet must have shrunk during the night and have to be stretched out again (very painful) also when I stand after sitting for awhile it feels as if I am walking on glass.

Closed Thread