It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 02:41 PM   #1

losingmymind HB User
Ms????

Hi. My name is jen and i'm 31 yrs old. For the past year or more i have always thought i had MS but i have no DX as of yet. I would like to tell you what is going on with me and would like to know if this sounds like MS. I see a neuro about once a year for my epilepsy and he is aware of the problems but i don't think he is concerned as i am. Here is what goes on. At first i started to have "tingly" feelings in my feet and hand. Mainly the right side. This comes and goes. Sometimes when i have it in my feet it hurts to walk. It almost feels like what you feel when you foot is asleep. I have numbness that i get in my right hand, this almost feels like a cuculation (sp?) issue. Awhile back i started with dizzy spells, which felt like the room was spinning and when i would get the dizzy spells i would also get tremors with it. I'm noted to have right sided tremors. Well,,,the dizzy spells went away on there own but now they are back with the tremors. I've had optic nertisis (sp?) about six months ago. My legs hurt off and on which was said to be "arteoartris" (sp?). When it's really hot out i feel really flushed,,and when it's really cold out i feel really achey. I also get migraines that usally end me in the ER about three times a month. I've a number of MRI's, and cat scans done. All were abnormal. My MRI's do show possable "dymilanting" (SP??) disease. I do have weakness on my right side which is starting on my left side too. I can't drive at night because the headlights blind me. I always see "white spots" when i'm looking at something.
OK...that is my life story with trying to get a DX. Could you please shed some light on all this?? Does this sound like MS?? Should i bring this up to my doctor?? Or will he figure it out?? So many questions and not enough time. Thanks for taking the time to read this and respond to me. I've been on the board for the past three weeks reading all the post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Ms????

It sounds a lot like MS. I would see a different neurologist, preferably one that has MS patients.

I'm so sorry to hear about everything. It's tough enough when you have one thing to contend with....

Old 01-25-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingmymind
At first i started to have "tingly" feelings in my feet and hand. Mainly the right side. This comes and goes. Sometimes when i have it in my feet it hurts to walk. It almost feels like what you feel when you foot is asleep. I have numbness that i get in my right hand, this almost feels like a cuculation (sp?) issue.
That sounds almost exactly like my first symptom, called L'Hermit's Sign. Not many doctors think of it (I had to go through quite a few before I could get a name for it), so you might want to ask yours directly about it.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
(female)

Heddi HB User

I agree with Sunshine - get another neurologist. Everything you describe sounds very similar to what I experience and I have been diagnosed with MS. It is so very necessary to be persistent with the doctors to give explanations and if you don't get results than you try another. It is important to get an explanation of what and why these things are happening to you. Perhaps it is not MS but you have a right to know what is causing the complications. Just my two cents.

Closed Thread