It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

Twila1960 HB User
Intolerance to cold

Do any of you have intolerance to the cold? I'm constantly freezing. Even when the weather is hot outside. I didn't use to be like that matter of fact the opposite.

Does everyone loose strength in arms? Hands? Legs? When the doctors test me for strength and I can grip their fingers or push or pull them they tell me it's not MS.

I'm getting ready to visit a pain clinic next week. I get tired of the pain, but more important I would like to know what I'm dealing with. I have also one side of my fact that is drooping now. All the doctors ask me about it. I don't know when it happened. I get to feeling like the doctors think these symptoms are all in my head. I'm almost getting to feel that way myself. What got me to go to the neurologist in the beginning is I was playing with my grandson and when I picked him up my legs got real weak and I couldn't move. I had the same symptoms a few months before that. It was the samething I was holding my grandson and my legs got to hurting really bad and then they became weak and I had to sit down. These attacks scared me.

Thanks for any input.

Twila

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
Re: Intolerance to cold

Hi Twila,
Have your doctors run any tests such as a lumbar puncture or done MRI's? Have they checked your blood work? I would be hesitant to just treat the pain without knowing the cause.

Being cold can be a sign of hypothyroidism, as can weakness. Have your thyroid hormones been checked? You might want to try an internist instead of a neurologist in case your symptoms aren't caused by a neurological disorder.

I hope you find some answers.

Best wishes,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User
Re: Intolerance to cold

I have a severe intolorence to cold also. Just going outside in the winter is very painful. As a result, I dress heavily and walk VERY fast.

I was told that it wasn't related to my MS, however. It's difficult to say what causes intolorance to cold as it can be anything from not moving enough to having low blood pressure.

Closed Thread