It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
(female)

joanbeth HB User
confused

Hi I'm New To This Board, And I've Been Intrested Reading All Your Post.
I Was Dx With Parkinson Disease Jan 2004. My First Symts Was A Headache That Felt As Though My Brain Was Half Asleep, I Felt Diisorintated, Slurred Speech, Bumping Into Doors, Balance Was Not Good And Had Afeeing As Though I Was Drunk, Doc Said It Was High Blood Presure.
6 Mths Later I Found I Could'nt Wave I Could Not Do The Litttle Hand Movements.
4 Months Klater I Kept Tripping Up And Stumbing I Found I Was Dragging My Right Foot. I Thought I Had A Stroke, Went To Doctors She Sent Me To A Neurologist. In The Mean Time I Noticed That My Little Finger Trembled When I Closed My Hand Or Did Somethng.
The Neurologist Put Me On Roprinirole, Which Gave Me Lots Of Side Affects And Made The Pd Symts Worse, I Came Off Of Them And Now I On Homopathic Medicine, I've Been On This 4 Months All Though I Felt Better At First, Maybe It Was Because I Came Off The Drug, Now My Balance, Stiffness, Tremors (which Are Not At Rest But When I Do Something) Are Much Worse, I Can Hardly Walk. I Also Get Like A Buzzy Feeling In My Thumb And Forefinger , Also Feeling Like Pins And Needles In Hands And Arms And Very Tight Stomach Which Hurts When I Take Deepp Breaths, I Aslso Keep Catching My Breath As Though I Don't Have Enough Air.
I Wonder If I Have Ms Not Pd As The Pill Did Not Do Anything, And The Pins And Needles Problem. Any Info Would Be Appreciated Thank You.
Joanbeth

Last edited by joanbeth; 01-28-2005 at 10:03 PM. Reason: QUESTION

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
(female)

Isana Shepherd HB User
Re: confused

:rolleyes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanbeth
Hi I'm New To This Board, And I've Been Intrested Reading All Your Post.
I Was Dx With Parkinson Disease Jan 2004. My First Symts Was A Headache That Felt As Though My Brain Was Half Asleep, I Felt Diisorintated, Slurred Speech, Bumping Into Doors, Balance Was Not Good And Had Afeeing As Though I Was Drunk, Doc Said It Was High Blood Presure.
6 Mths Later I Found I Could'nt Wave I Could Not Do The Litttle Hand Movements.
4 Months Klater I Kept Tripping Up And Stumbing I Found I Was Dragging My Right Foot. I Thought I Had A Stroke, Went To Doctors She Sent Me To A Neurologist. In The Mean Time I Noticed That My Little Finger Trembled When I Closed My Hand Or Did Somethng.
The Neurologist Put Me On Roprinirole, Which Gave Me Lots Of Side Affects And Made The Pd Symts Worse, I Came Off Of Them And Now I On Homopathic Medicine, I've Been On This 4 Months All Though I Felt Better At First, Maybe It Was Because I Came Off The Drug, Now My Balance, Stiffness, Tremors (which Are Not At Rest But When I Do Something) Are Much Worse, I Can Hardly Walk. I Also Get Like A Buzzy Feeling In My Thumb And Forefinger , Also Feeling Like Pins And Needles In Hands And Arms And Very Tight Stomach Which Hurts When I Take Deepp Breaths, I Aslso Keep Catching My Breath As Though I Don't Have Enough Air.
I Wonder If I Have Ms Not Pd As The Pill Did Not Do Anything, And The Pins And Needles Problem. Any Info Would Be Appreciated Thank You.
Joanbeth

Old 01-29-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
(female)

Isana Shepherd HB User

you know Joanbeth, i may not know any thing to help you but me understand why i keep catching my breath the way i do. I have been diagnosed with M.S.for five years now, and i still don't know that much about it.I had never thought of that being the cause.I couldn't figure it out,but now that makes since.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
(female)

Isana Shepherd HB User

you know Joanbeth, i may not know any thing to help you but me understand why i keep catching my breath the way i do. I have been diagnosed with M.S.for five years now, and i still don't know that much about it.I had never thought of that being the cause.I couldn't figure it out,but now that makes since. Isana Kay

Old 01-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #5

Dessell HB User

joanbeth,
Hi.You sound alot like my symptoms I had back in 1995,I thought I had a stroke also,it went away so I did'nt get checked out thoroughly.Have you had any MRI'S and bloodwork?I also get the buzzy feeling in my feet and left arm.
Wish you well ,Dessell

Old 01-30-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
(female)

joanbeth HB User

Thanks Isana And Dessell I've Just Recently Had An Mri . Blood Taken In Jan 04 All Ok Except They Said My Ck's Was High What Ever That Means. Can You Tell Me If Ms Always Show Up In Mri Of Brain Or Do You Need Mri Of Spine, What Other Test Are Likely To Show Ms.. The Last 2 Days I've Had Bladder Infection, And That Means More Fluid Intake Which My Bladder Can't Handle , Consequently I'm Incontinent,
Is This A Symt. Of Ms. Also If I Do Have Ms Do Drugs Work.
Thanks For Listening. Joanbeth

Old 01-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #7
(female)

joanbeth HB User

Thanks Isana And Dessell, I've Just Recently Had Mri And I Await The Results. I Had Blood Teest Which Were Ok, Except Ck's Or Kc 's Were High, What Ever They Are. Can You Tell Me If Mri Of Brain Will Show Ms Or Do You Need Mri Of Spine, And Are There Other Test You Can Have For Ms.
The Last 2 Days I Have Had A Bladdder Infection, So That Means Plenty Of Fluids Which My Bladder Can't Handle, Consequently I'm Incontinent. If I Have Ms Do Drugs Help, With All The Symt.
Thanks For Listening. Joanbeth

Last edited by joanbeth; 01-30-2005 at 01:29 PM. Reason: RE; REPLY

Closed Thread