It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 03:42 PM   #1

losingmymind HB User
demyeliating disease

On my MRI that i had eight months ago it showed demyeliating disease. I'm going back to the nuero next month because my sysmpothys (sp?) are getting wrose and more frequent. My question is this.....Seeing that my last MRI showed demyeliating disease will my next one also show it?? Does it ever just "go away"?? If something shows up on one MRI will it show up on another MRI?? Also,,,is there any relationship between demyeliating disease and migraines??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
(female)

indianangela HB User
Re: demyeliating disease

I don't have an answer for you other than that just goes to show what I don't know. I thought that Demylenating Disease was MS. The information my neuro gave me yesterday says "Multiple Sclerosis is an acquired inflammatory, demylenating disease of the Central Nervous System."

I guess there must be other forms of this. Good luck at your appointment next month and keep us posted!

Hugs,
Angi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

Harmony417 HB User

I just got my medical records from my neuro yesterday, I have MS. Actually in April 2004 I should have been diagnosed with Ms but did not have a diagnosis until December 2004.

In my records all I am reading is the demyeliating this and the demyeliating that. As well as several white spots in the white matter. OK what is several? The another page states a few spots in the white matter, ok a few is 3, but what is several?

Get a copy of your records and write down questions you want. Your first set of copies requested are free. Ask for new testings to be done too, like a new MRI spinal and head, and a LP.

Get your ducks in a row for that appointment.

Leona

Old 05-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

tornup HB User

It sounds like you have the dreaded MS now for the proper treatment in your case.

Closed Thread