It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

Teacher_Lady HB User
Wanting to Learn About MS

My sister-in-law was recently diagnosed with MS. She has had numerous health problems. She was born dead. She has had her spleen removed. She has lost her hearing completely in one ear. She lost 90% of the 120% in the other ear. She has had some uterus complication, I forgot the name, but I know she had to hurry and go ahead to have her 2nd child. I wanted to know what I can expect/she can expect. How can I help? What can she do? What are your thoughts and experiences with those have taken marijuana as a pain reliever/medicine? Thanks for any advice and outlook you can give me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
(male)

bdmesq HB User
Re: Wanting to Learn About MS

very efficient [may be life-saving]can be the use of turmeric in any form.
i have good experience [only a few cases in the meantime] with using turmeric force from new chapter[3 times per day 2 capsules with food]with multiple sclerosis.
check for blood levels of vitamin D [ 25[OH]d ]
if these are lower the 30 [or surely 25].then supplement [ask your physician then for advise]
all the best,keep me informed

Last edited by bdmesq; 01-29-2005 at 05:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
(female)

Teacher_Lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmesq
very efficient [may be life-saving]can be the use of turmeric in any form.
i have good experience [only a few cases in the meantime] with using turmeric force from new chapter[3 times per day 2 capsules with food]with multiple sclerosis.
check for blood levels of vitamin D [ 25[OH]d ]
if these are lower the 30 [or surely 25].then supplement [ask your physician then for advise]
all the best,keep me informed

Sorry, but what is a turmeric? Does she need more Vitamin D or less? Sorry I am not familiar with all these terms.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:55 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

Vitamin D is supposedly good for MS. It hasn't been completely proven yet, but many people with MS take it because it can't hurt. Besides, if you get more vitamin D in your blood than your required intake, your body will simply evacuate it.

Anyway, your sister in law will need your support more than anything else. It's very hard for people on the outside to understand a person with MS, so by being patient and listening to her, you will be doing her a big favor. It's hard to know what to expect as MS is very different from one person to the next.

I don't know how well marijuana works since I'm not that far along in the disease yet. I don't think it's prescribed very often, since it's usually used in terminal phases and isn't very good for your lungs.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
(female)

Teacher_Lady HB User

I believe she will take the pill form of mariguana when her disability is approved. I want to know more about MS. Like what it does, life expectacy, etc. etc.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:07 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

Well, what is does really depends on the person. It's different for everyone. This site is a good place to look for information: [url]http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about%20ms.asp[/url]

Life expectacy is almost normal since MS isn't fatal. It can weaken a person which can cause complications, but it can't directly kill someone.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
(female)

crystal22 HB User

Hi Teacher Lady. I think what your sister in law needs the most is a supportive person she can discuss her illness with. MS is different for every person, that's what is most scary about it, not knowing from one day to the next what might happen. One of the most common symptoms is fatigue, so offer to help her with errands, housework, etc, but try not to act like she's an invalid and can't do for herself. As far as marijuana goes, yes it does relieve pain and nausea, however I have found that since I got MS when I smoke marijuana for recreational purposes it makes me feel dizzy and weak. there is also no evidence that it is more effective than prescription meds for relieving pain. But it does make you feel really happy, which is nice if your feeling bummed about having MS.

Closed Thread