It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
(female)

canadaann HB User
Double vision question?????????????????

My double vision came and went slowly, lasted about 3 weeks...neurologist checked my eyes and said he didn't know, it could be a virus (I am in remission of MG), didn't say anything about MS. Did any of your double vision, if you can think back, happen in this manner as well? Came and left slowly (things 3 feet and beyond were doubled). If I blinked hard enough it woud somewhat go away for a few seconds. Upon examination during the double vision, could a doctor see and diagnose if it were MS?

(Sorry, I needed to repost this, in hopes of an answer)

Old 01-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User
Re: Double vision question?????????????????

Well, you can't be diagnosed on double vision alone. You need a certain amount of other test results and sometimes another symptom before you can receive a diagnosis.

When I had my double vision, I was sent to an ophtamologist to make sure that my dv was caused by MS and not anything else. Perhaps if you went to see one, he could help eliminate other possibilities.

Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

tiresome HB User

When my vision went bad in my right eye on sept. 17th I went to 3 eye doctors who said my eyes were near perfect and it must be something with my brain. Neuro's don't seem concerned about vision and say that the partial complex epilepsy meds aren't what is causing it. If it doesn't go away then they will do Evoked Potentials, it is making me crazy, how long do they want me to wait? I know that the other symptoms I have have nothing to do with PCE. I get my tests results back on friday for blood work and MRI of spine. I am going to demand the Evoked Potentials be done as I am tired of them messing around and do NOT want to lose my vision in that eye completely. Have any of you expierenced this? What did they do to determin the cause? Why do they wait so long to do anything about it? When I went on MS sites they all say steroids are needed to restore vision and early treatment is a must, yet every doctor I see says "wait and see" Any input would be appreciated

Old 02-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
(female)

TDOGSLADY HB User
Thumbs up Re: Double vision question?????????????????

I experienced another episode of double vision after being diagnosed with ms three years ago. The opthamologist said that i had palsy of the 6th optic nerve of the right eye, the first episode was palsy of the 4th optic nerve of the left eye. I went on steroids both times but had to wear a patch over the right eye for three weeks it was so bad and had severe pain in that eye. It comes and goes and drives you crazy but when it happens you really start to realize how lucky you were before it happened. Hang in there it gets better

Old 02-18-2005, 01:00 AM   #5
(female)

mousemau HB User

hi i lost the vision in one eye(well it went really smoky) that was the first i knew i had ms...there is a colour change also (a brown wooden desk ..had a golden look to it)
i had a mri and was told it is ms as i had about 9 lesions in my brain
hope this helps

Old 02-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
(female)

Pam33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaann
My double vision came and went slowly, lasted about 3 weeks...neurologist checked my eyes and said he didn't know, it could be a virus (I am in remission of MG), didn't say anything about MS. Did any of your double vision, if you can think back, happen in this manner as well? Came and left slowly (things 3 feet and beyond were doubled). If I blinked hard enough it woud somewhat go away for a few seconds. Upon examination during the double vision, could a doctor see and diagnose if it were MS?

(Sorry, I needed to repost this, in hopes of an answer)
THE DOUBLE VISION IS NOT ENOUGH FOR A DIAGNOSIS, BUT MY MS STARTED TO SHOW JUST LIKE YOU DESCRIBE, IT SLOWLY PROGRESSED FROM BLURRY TO COMPLETELY DOUBLED, AND I CAN SEE STARIGHT BUT ONLY IF I HAD ONE EYED CLOSED. THIS WAS THE REASON I STARTED TO VISIT THE NEUROLOGIST, YOU WILL PROBABLY NEED AN MRI AND MORE TESTING, BECAUSE THE DOCTOR EXPLAINED THERE IS MANY DISEASES AND VIRUSES THAT CAN CAUSE DOUBLE VISION, LIKE DIABETES AND CERTAIN TYPES OF STD'S, I HAVE HAD 2 EPISODES WHERE MY VISION DOUBLED, AND IT HAS BEEN MY MOST PALPABLE SYMPTOM, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DIAGNOSIS, YOU MAY HAVE TO GO SEE A NEUROOPHTALMOLOGIST......

Old 02-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #7
(male)

gaulty HB User

my double vision lasted 14 months constant before i was dxed 2 years ago,it came back about early jan and lasted 3 days,what a relief that was

Old 02-25-2005, 08:52 AM   #8
(female)

Pam33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaulty
my double vision lasted 14 months constant before i was dxed 2 years ago,it came back about early jan and lasted 3 days,what a relief that was
WOW, 14 MONTHS IS A VERY LONG TIME TO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH DOUBLE VISION, DID THEY TREAT YOU WITH ANY OTHER DRUG??? FOR MY VISION EPISODES I WAS PRESCRIBED PREDNISONE AND IT HELPED ALMOST IMMEDIATLY, THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE PREDNISONE WERE A LITTLE HARD TO DEAL WITH, BUT I WILL TAKE THE JOINT PAIN 100 TIMES OVER THE DOUBLE VISION...HOPE TO HEAR SOON ON HOW YOU ARE DOING....

Old 02-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #9

kisa HB User

Hello Pam33, I wanted to let you know that Prednisone is a scary med. It can cause bone death if you take it for to long, just make sure you & your MD wean you off as soon as possiable when you need it. Another thing I wanted to add, is when you type in caps, it means you are yelling in the cyber world, crazy rules, I know. I just dont want to see you get your head bit off, (some are like that, & it happened to me)
The best of luck to you, & I send you warm wish's for a pain free days
Kisa

Old 02-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #10
(male)

gaulty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam33
WOW, 14 MONTHS IS A VERY LONG TIME TO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH DOUBLE VISION, DID THEY TREAT YOU WITH ANY OTHER DRUG??? FOR MY VISION EPISODES I WAS PRESCRIBED PREDNISONE AND IT HELPED ALMOST IMMEDIATLY, THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE PREDNISONE WERE A LITTLE HARD TO DEAL WITH, BUT I WILL TAKE THE JOINT PAIN 100 TIMES OVER THE DOUBLE VISION...HOPE TO HEAR SOON ON HOW YOU ARE DOING....
im doing very well now better than i was before ms because i look after my self now which i didnt before i put a post up today about my ms i hope this helps someone and does not anoy anyone ,thanks for asking about me is it Pam?

Closed Thread