It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
(male)

mjd2jac HB User
Cool I have quite a few of symptoms...?

Hi All,

My Mom had MS and my Sis has Lupus....I've had the twitching for years....my vision has slowly gotten worse over the last few months....I have numbness in the last 2 fingers of both hands....an electric shock in my neck occasionally....vibration in my lower left leg and the last 3 days my arms are heavy. My penmanship has gotten progressively worse over the last few months... I have a badly herniated disk (c5-6) and an 8mm " bruise" on my spinal cord. I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for the disk repair. Over the last few days my arms are really "heavy" and shake when I hold them out. I had to shovel over 3 feet of snow last week and it worsened my symptoms....Could it just be the "bruise" causing all this? If not then should I purse this further? I've been feeling lousy for a while but I attributed it to not exercising because of my neck injury and being a little depressed. Also, are sleep disturbances a part of the equation cuz I don't sleep well at all. I'm interested in your take. Thanks

Last edited by mjd2jac; 01-31-2005 at 01:37 PM. Reason: got rid of icon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
(female)

Heddi HB User
Re: I have quite a few of symptoms...?

I would definitely pursue it. I am not familiar with neck injuries so I do not know what symptoms they can cause. I do have MS and I know what symptoms it may cause and they vary in degrees greatly but the things you have mentioned can be symptoms. I believe sleep is disturbed but I don't know if it is caused by the MS or just anxiety. I suffer from it. I have to use the restroom quite often throughout the night and I just can't seem to get back to sleep afterwards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #3

SuzU HB User

What does your neurosurgeon say?
I have similar symptoms, though my legs are weak as well, plus lots of other stuff.
I have a lesion on my cervical spine that most neurologists say isn't MS-but according to two of them it could be an atypical MS lesion. I have no lesions on my brain MRI.
I am going for a lumbar puncture tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck.
I also have an appt with a neurosurgeon.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
(female)

thnkpos HB User

suzU, good luck tomorrow, with the spinal, keep us posted.....

Old 02-02-2005, 04:53 AM   #5
(male)

mjd2jac HB User

When I saw the orthopedist and I described my symptoms he ordered an immediate brain and cervical MRI. He said it's possible that it's just the neck lesion but I also have other symptoms that don't jive with the neck. I'm a nervous wreck. I should know later today. He already started me on prednisone. Hoping for the best.

Closed Thread