It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

lonewolf2567 HB User
Crying myself to sleep

Hello everyone:

I had some problems a few years ago; off balance, headaches, black spots in my field of vision, incontinence, and some other things I can't remember. I was told then there was a possibility that I had ms even though the mri's and spinal taps came back negative. Now I just had a baby almost four months ago and I'm having problems again only it's a lot worse.
It started with headaches since December then progressed to pain everywhere, loss of balance, buzzing in ears, and now I'll have something in my head to say, but i comes out differently than what I want to say it. I'm scared and in pain alot. Oh by the way there is burning/tingling pain in hands and feet going up my calves. I cry myself to sleep alot and feel so alone.
Does this sound like ms or am I losing my mind?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

tiresome HB User
Re: Crying myself to sleep

You are not losing your mind unless we all are . Sounds like you need to go back to the doctor and have the tests run again. Did you have evoked potentials done the first time? You should ask to have it done now as EP can show what is going on. Especially the hearing and eye ones. I have seen other people post that having a baby has brought out their symptoms and might be what is going on with you.
It is a very good idea to keep a journal of your symptoms, meds, tests, ect. Because we tend to forget what has happened. I keep a journal and take it with me to the doctor. Also get a thourghal blood work done: B12, copper,thyroid (make sure they do the T levels), ANA levels ect.
I hope the best for you. Thankfully my daughter is grown so I don't have to care for any small ones. That must be really hard for you. I know I couldn't do it right now. Take care,
Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
(female)

canadaann HB User

Hi Lonewolf....saw your post, I feel for you...just had to answer you and tell you try not to worry. Try to enjoy the little one, those are the best years of your life! They grow up too fast! I know, I have 4, my last one is 1 1/2 years old. I started having symptoms after I had him, and I am stressed too, waiting for results, but I am tired of being stressed. Do what you can, and leave the rest in God's hands. Enjoy the little one for now.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
(male)

gaulty HB User

lonewolf ive got a 5 month old son ,good to take your mind of things arnt they,i was the same as you and im fine now .not saying its ms but when i was told i had me it was good for me i was thinking eveything just dont worry and let the docks do that ,just enjoy your kid,all the best.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
(male)

tattoo31791 HB User

Ok. I am a guy, so can not relate to the birth part, but I do have a 4 year old and 6 month old. I first started having symptoms after the about 3 months after the birth of my baby girl (funny how so many people are diag or started symptoms after the birth of a child). I look back on it and now know that some things thaty I passted off as stress, overworking, etc. were symptoms. I had to have the loss of feeling on my leg and arm to go to a doctor and be diagnosed. My symptoms when I went to the doc was very much like you are explaining. I had the no feeling in my leg and arm other than a major burning/itching feeling. My leg is fine now, but still have some in my arm, but nothing like it was. I had cried myself to sleep many times, when i was waiting for a answer. The best thing for me was to finally know what it was. Now that I know it is MS, I know that I am not going crazy and that there is help. You just have to be very open with your doctor, family, friends, work, etc. Remember, that they may not be able to look at you and see any physical things wrong, but may notice a emotional problem. They my think that you are drunk, on drugs, crazy, you name it. But if you are open with them and let them know what is going on, they will understand some what, be able to offer the help you need, and you will feel better!

Old 02-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #6
(female)

DetroitGyrl2005 HB User

I cry myself to sleep every night. I wait until my oldest daughter goes to sleep though. I just broke up with my fiance about 1 week ago. I haven't been dxed just yet but I am sure I have it though. The real messed up part is I am going through all these horrible symptoms and I have to take care of his child. He has more time to hang with his boys but he has no time to visit me... Sad isn't it....

Closed Thread