It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

ladydi1953 HB User
Tysabri

is anyone currently using or have recently tried Tysabri?? i am going to have my first IV this month and am a little anxious about it. hopefully it will be all its cracked up to be. if anyone has experience with this new drug please let me know.
thanks,
di

Old 02-07-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran

baddoey HB User
Re: Tysabri

I am on tysabri - just had one infusion. . no problems or reaction. . small IV, just out in the hand. .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

I asked my neurologist about it today, and sadly, it's not available in my country yet. It sounds really good. Same efficiency as Betaseron and Rebif, but with only one IV injection a month.

I really hope it becomes legal here soon.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #4
(female)

AllyG HB User
Question Re: Tysabri

Hi all.

Just wondering is Tysabri available in Ireland. Only on Rebif a year or so but no one has mentioned Tysabri to me or anyone I know with MS. Any info on the drug much appreciated.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
Veteran

baddoey HB User

it should be available in ireland - it was a joint venture between Elan (irish company) and biogen

Old 02-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #6
(female)

Barbbelle HB User

Hi!! This is my first response. I have had MS for 7 yrs. Been on Avonex, Copaxone, double avonex, and Novantrone. Now only on Tysabri. I really liked it. Have had 2 infusions and ready for my third. Just a once a month injection which takes an hour and then they watch you for another hour with a saline drip. I drink gingerale when I get it because after the first inj., I was a little nauseated on the way home. If you would have an allergic reaction (hives, etc.) they will stop the program for you. It seems very safe, but not all insurance cos will pay for it. It is the only drug that I know of that helps protect us some. I love it and feel very blessed to get to take it. Good luck!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
(male)

gaulty HB User

what ie this ???im in ireland and have relapse remit for 2 years ,cheers for any info,oh im on inerferion

Old 02-12-2005, 06:58 AM   #8
(female)

ladydi1953 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaulty
what ie this ???im in ireland and have relapse remit for 2 years ,cheers for any info,oh im on inerferion
This is a brand new medication made by the folks who make avonex Boigen Labs. Its so new that my pharmacist had to do some research to find it. I has gotten great reviews.

Old 02-12-2005, 07:48 AM   #9
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

My daughter has had one infusion. She was a little nauseous on the way home, but otherwise it went well.

The studies have shown that it is nearly twice as effective as the CRABs in controlling lesion activity. It works differently than the CRABs, so your doc might keep you on both. My daughter is on Copaxone and Tysabri. It is a miracle her insurance is paying for both - at least for now they are!

There is currently a study going on for oral Tysabri. Wouldn't that be great?!!!!!

Take care,
Julie

Old 02-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #10
(male)

gaulty HB User

i have to se emy nero in 2 weesk so ill ask about it then problem is that in Northern Ireland funding is minimal for ms drugs pitty but true

Old 02-20-2005, 02:53 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

Tysabri is actually a joint venture between Biogen and an Irish pharmaceutical company, Elan. Maybe if you contact the company they can help you figure out how to get it.

Closed Thread