It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
Exclamation Could this be MS?

(I dont think this posted the first time... sorry if it did!)
Ok so my first concern is the fact that my brother has MS. As far as I know it has not been determined to be a genetic disease? so I dont know the likelyhood of me also having it. However, here are the symptoms I am dealing with... at first I thought I was showing signs of arthritis. I was waking up at night with excruciating pains in my knees. When I sit for too long in one postion my knees hurt. And over all, my joints just feel achy! However, when I posted on an arthritis board, someone said it sounded more like a nerve problem to them... so MS is what popped into my head. Now... i'm 20 years old, at 17 I had a baby. During my pregnancy I experience numbness in my leg due to the babys position the sciatic nerve. However about a year ago I had this happen again. Obviously I was still not pregnant, but my leg was numb for over a month. I knew this was not good, but I did not seek medical attention due to fear I guess. It ended up going away. However for the past 6 months I have been dealing with some other issues. When I walk for more than a few minutes, my left knee begins to stiffen up, and I begin to almost drag my leg, or trip over myself. This goes away if I sit for a minute, but quickly comes back after a few minutes of walking. In the morning when I wake up, my legs are very trembley. When I lay in bed at night/ in the morning and stretch my legs begin to shake uncontrolably until I stop stretching. Also I noticed that one night when I went dancing, by the end of the night I couldnt even stand because my legs were shaking so much. I had to sit before I left so they could rest. I dont know what any of this means, I was hoping someone could tell me if they have experienced anything like this, and if not, maybe thats good, because maybe this isnt onset of MS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User
Re: Could this be MS?

It could be, sounds a bit like MS, but you'd have to see a doctor to know for sure.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best!

Closed Thread