It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

VECTRA HB User
Question Has Anyone Used Flaxseed Or Evening Primrose

Hi Folks,has Anyone Ever Used Flaxseed Or Evening Primrose? Does It Help At All? I Just Got A Call Back From My Neuro Nurse And She Sd That My Neuro Doesnt Reccommend It, she sd he Wouldnt Even Know What Miligrams To Give.

Last edited by VECTRA; 02-10-2005 at 02:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Has Anyone Used Flaxseed Or Evening Primrose

Have used both, currently use fish oil supplement because it is cheaper. I believe it helps me. The thing to keep in mind is that is it a FAT and you need to take fat out of your diet to make room for the supplement. the bottles will generally have serving sizes on them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #3
(male)

gaulty HB User

try 200mg captuals i take them,there cheep if you buy a cheep brand which are just as good bont really know if they help but i used to be stiff in the morn and im not anymore ,may be that or just coincidience,cant do any harm that i can see .good luck

Old 02-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #4
(female)

thnkpos HB User

i take 1000 mg fish oil, and 500 mg evening prime rose, daily, i read it takes good wks to months to take effect........ i know with the primrose, i sleep better........ so who knows, but even if I think its working i'll stay with it........ this leads into a whole other subject..... most dr. frown upon herbal or supplemental........ I DONT
if it wont hurt you, its worth a try.......

Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
(female)

VECTRA HB User

Thanks For Getting Back With Me,i Guess Its Worth A Try.thanks!!!

Last edited by VECTRA; 02-10-2005 at 04:47 PM.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

I've used primrose oil before, but for menstrual cramps not MS.

It didn't help for cramps and I got my worst relapse ever while on the stuff, so I really doubt it does much good.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:54 AM   #7
(female)

VECTRA HB User

I'VE MADE MY DECISION,I'VE READ AND RESEARCHED THE INTERNET,I FEEL OK,I HAVE SOME CRAZY ISSUES AND I DEAL WITH THEM THE BEST I CAN.I TAKE MY MEDICATION WHICH I WISH I DIDNT HAVE TOO,BUT SINCE I DO,I GOTTA,WE GOTTA TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES.I DONT WANNA TAKE MEDS AND ITS GONNA MAKE THINGS A LITTLE WORSE,ITS HARD ENOUGH ALREADY.MAYBE I NEED TO READ A LITTLE MORE ON THE FLAXSEED AND PRIMROSE.THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSES,THEY REALLY HELPED.TAKE CARE EVERYONE LOVE YA!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #8
(female)

thnkpos HB User

vector, what drug u taking for ms?
see its amazing how everyone is so different with any kind of med........ hmmm all pot luck i guess.........

Old 02-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #9
(female)

Pruedence HB User

I have been dxed with ms for 30yrs...have tried it all I believe! You try it on your own and see what it does...that is what I have done through the years...what is good for one my not work for another...but yes I have tried it many years ago when I was trying anything...I call this the guinee pig stage of ms...wanting to see something that works...no more am I a guinee pig...I figur one day there will be a cure...someone will get rich off of it...it will be in the paper...then I will go stand in line for the cure...but try what you want to...the doctors do not recomend you any of the herbal ways...so that you will have to learn to do on your own...you can do it either way...I wish you luck...Kimberlee Jones

Old 02-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #10
(female)

VECTRA HB User

Hi Thnkpos, I'm Not On Any Herbal Drug,i Take The Copaxone As Much As Hate Needles.i Just Dont Know What To Do,maybe The Flaxseed And Primrose Is Not For Me?

Old 02-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
(female)

VECTRA HB User

Hey There Pruedence,i Dont Want To Be A Guinee Pig Either,when They Find The Cure,i'll Be All Smiles!!! How Ya Doing?

Old 02-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #12
(female)

thnkpos HB User

vectra, what where u'r dx'ing symptoms?? on the herbs, in montel books he questions the dr's about fish oil and pime rose, one dr. said okey to use, one said i dont think there has been a clear benefit, and one said no idea
to each his own....

Old 02-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #13
(male)

Royal HB User

I take 500 mg Primrose along with a number of other nutritional supplements and vitamins. They have all been requested that I take them by my doctor.
I can't say if it helps or not, but I am fairly comfortable that Primrose doesn't cause any harm at least.
- Roy

Old 02-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #14

Dessell HB User

Hello all,
I started taking the evening primrose this week,,so I doubt I see any changes for awhile.One thing I've noticed since taking it is a very bad taste in my mouth.Any one notice this also?
Wish you well,
Dessell

Closed Thread