It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

DetroitGyrl2005 HB User
Talking Hope this helps!

I went to another site and asked a RN for some help and this is what I asked:

I am going through test for MS. I have numbness and tingling of the whole body. One morning while getting up to get my daughter ready for school, I couldn't walk because my legs went numb. I drag my right leg and walk like Fred Sanford. My short term memory is gone. When my family ask me a question I would stare in confusion. I am tired and I haven't done anything. I had a CT and MRI and they were both normal. Symptoms has gotten worse since last month. Do you think its MS? Another question. What's the difference between MS and Neuropathy?

This is what The Nurse said:

Well, all I can say is that based on your symptoms, it is certainly possible that you have MS. A negative CT scan is irrelevant in diagnosing MS except that it can rule out things like stroke and brain tumor. The negative MRI is a bit more of a problem as it is the major diagnostic test that docs rely on these days in diagnosing MS. However, there are people who become symptomatic before visible evidence shows up via MRI ... so that leaves you still in the 'could be' category.

Neuropathy is a very general term that simply means something wrong with nerves/nervous system. You might hear terms like 'neuropathic pain' (pain caused by disorders of the nervous system), etc. It is a very non-specific term. Doesn't really give you any clue as to what is the underlying pathology producing the symptoms.

Good luck. Hope you get some answers soon.

I hope this helps! Good luck with the DX!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread