It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

LaDeeDa HB User
Question Maximum tizanidine (zanaflex) dosage?

'Morning All,
I just had a miserable night with spasms. My arms were jumping and flying around so much I was hoping I'd get myself with a left hook so I could pass out and finally sleep. I don't know which is worse, leg spasms or arms spasms. Of course, if I'm in arm spasm, that's just the worst.....until my legs kick in - no pun intended - and then I think leg spasms are the ultimate. When I'm reduced to tears, as I was last night, I know I'm way behind the control curve. Anyway, got up, gulped down a few tizanidine (zanaflex), went to another bedroom to spare DH, and eventually fell asleep. This morning my arm muscles feel released but bruised. So much for doing anything productive today.

I'm trying to find out what the maximum dosage for tizanidine is (I take 8mg now on an as-needed basis). I went to the web but couldn't find the info. I'm hoping you might have some information for me. I'm planning on taking a dose before I go to bed tonight so maybe I can enjoy a spaz-free night's sleep. Also, can anyone suggest another anti-spaz that has longer lasting effects than Tizanidine, which has a 3-6 hr effectiveness?

Thanx,
Dee

Old 04-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
(female)

crystal22 HB User
Re: Maximum tizanidine (zanaflex) dosage?

8 mg is the max dose for zanaflex, you can only have up to 36 mg in a day, so I wouldn't take it more often than every 6 hours. I don't know about other muscle relaxants than work longer, I know valium sometimes helps with muscles spasms, as well as flexaril, but I think zanaflex is more effective than both of those. Sorry I'm not more helpful, wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread