It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
side effects of solu-medrol

I have been on IV solu-medrol 500 for the past 2 days. Aside from then usual side effects of crabbiness and hunger, I am also experiencing some double vision. Is this a possible side effect? I am on my way to eye doctor right now. Thanks,

Elyse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

leopard HB User
Re: side effects of solu-medrol

It didn't affect my vision but the weight gain was horrible. I will not ever take it again.. Eat lots of bananas b/c it depleats your potassium and causes leg cramps and joint pain.It hit my knees and the pain was horrific. The medicine is called a womans nightmare because it causes weight gain(in places men usually gain weight)and facial hair hair growth. Good luck, it may not bother you at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

Thanks a lot. I went to the ophthalmologist and he said that it is usually not a side effect and I am probably having the beginnings of optic neuritis. He made me call my neurologist and he is giving me two extra days of steroids to make a total of 5. I will be sure to eat lots of bananas. Going to have one now, actually.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:13 AM   #4
(female)

Sharon Grace HB User

Last week I finished a regimen of five days on Solu-Medrol (500 mg twice a day IV infusion) followed by two weeks of Prednisone. Had lots of side effects. The bananas are a good suggestion. Also I was very dehydrated and drank lots of Gatorade which helped. I noticed my eyes were very light sensitive and just had an exam with my ophthalmologist who said my eye pressure was much higher than usual because of the steroids but it should return to normal after awhile. I also had terrible insomnia.The steroids are a nasty treatment but they work. Hope you have good success with your treatment. Sharon Grace

Closed Thread