It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
(male)

just1primate HB User
Describe your fatigue....

I still have no been definately dx'ed, but have had ongoing exacerbation for almost 2 months (see many other posts). Most recently, the ftigue has been the worst. It seems to have come on rather suddenly (though I just had an infected tooth pulled yesterday, which has probably been infected for months). Seems like the fatigue is so severe that I could almost fall asleep whererever I am, all I have to do is close my eyes. Also seem disconnected from my body and my head feels like it is full of cotton.(also have chronic sinus problems) What is your fatige like, and how does it affect your daily activities?

Just1Primate

Old 05-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
(female)

Donnalynne HB User
Re: Describe your fatigue....

Hi, my fatigue is constant, although sometimes worse than other times. During the bad spells I can fall asleep almost anywere e.g. went shopping with mum and had a seat while she tried things on, some poor shop assistant though I had fainted and went into a panic, I woke with a jump because of the noize around me(really embarrassing!). I also find normal daily things in the house knock me out very quickly such as hoovering. During these bad spells my husband and son take over and do just about everything that needs done, mum does all the ironing. It can be really hard to get up in the morning and dressed but quilt so far does it for me.

The good times are not so bad but I still find I have to take a rest in between house choirs or after a wee walk with the dog. A good night out knock me for six for about three days so I try to get out during the first week of my injection. I've been having Vitamin B12 injections once per month for 5 months now but find they only work for the first week or so, so i'm starting a supplement tablet aswell from tomorrow to see if that works.

If it wasn't for my family I don't think I would cope as well as I do, God love them they take on so much stress to help me.

I hope you find somthing that helps you too.
Take care
Donnalynne xoxo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #3
(male)

Purpleball HB User

I too havnt been dx'ed yet and like u, suffer from chronic sinusitis. With 9 leisons & a host of other symtoms, its just a matter of time...

...ive only noticed this week that i get tired doing almost anything. Walking up the stairs gets me out of breath. Today i went to watch star wars 3 and nearly fell asleep on a number of occassions. Im hoping that my fatigue is physcological and due to my recent lack of exercise.

Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
(male)

just1primate HB User

Where do you live? Is heat a factor for you? I noticed that here in Florida, since it just really started cooking the last few weeks, I have been more tired.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
(female)

Dazee2100 HB User

My fatigue is so intense...sometimes my body doesnt have the energy to even breathe. I feel like I have to force my lungs to push air in and out-my Neuro said this is normal and that people with MS experience this sometimes.

Or imagine you just ran until your body completely gave out, that is what my fatigue feels like during a relapse.

When not in a relapse, i just get tired very easy. Or I feel great and then BAM! my energy is GONE. It's weird.

Dazee2100

Old 06-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #6
(male)

STKR HB User

I get episodes frequently that involve my entire left side... weak, sore, numb. Also get bad fatigue with these. Sleep alot and have no energy. I also have noticed that I feel like my lungs are sore off and on during these. Hurts to take a deep breath. Anyways, that's what it's like for me.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

I have the fatigue too...definitely worse in hot weather. Sometimes I absolutely MUST stop what I am doing and if nothing else, get a 15 minute power nap. My sister has MS as well and has the same issue. I just rest when I need to...look for ways to make my days less strenuous..and use Calcium-Magnesium supplements with Vitamin B. They seem to help..and my recouperative rest is better when I use them

Old 06-10-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User

I am sure it is different for everyone but mine is like it takes every thing I have to move. It is like one of the previous posts, slow motion. My arms and legs also feel weak and shaky I feel like I have just worked out very hard. I also feel out of breath, like I cant get a deep breath. I feel bone deep tired more than sleepy. I am now taking provigil which helps on the days when it is mild but doesnt put a dent in it on the really bad days.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 AM   #9
(male)

just1primate HB User

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Mine is never really more than just feeling like I haven't slept in days. Not so much physical as mental. Though if I climb a flight of stairs or two, my leg muscles ache like I have run a mile.....who knows.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:32 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

How can I explain to my fiance what this is like? Every day he, very compassionately, asks if I'm tired. I've taken to just agreeing that "Yes, I'm tired." It's not the same kind of tired!!! I'm totally drained. No energy at all. I need to get my head down. But I'm not sleepy. I can't explain the difference.

But then, I've had great difficulty defining what "pain" is, too.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

This may not be related, but I have a significant tremor and the past couple of months I've wondered if I'm utterly wearing myself out just trying to maintain control of my body. I feel as if my arms are weighted down, I must conciously pick up and put down each foot when I walk.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:46 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

It'sw very probably related. New symptom?

Old 06-13-2005, 12:01 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Tremor is not new, had it for 10 years. The fatigue and concious effort part is quite new.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #14
(female)

EllaJ HB User

Thanks for mentioning how hard it is to describe both pain and fatigue. I am not yet dx with anything- but the fatigue is truly the most debilitating heavy sensation. Its like I can lie in bed thinking-Darn it would be nice to maybe lift the remote up or pickup a book - but gee- I guess i better just lie here and get the energy up to do it. Then an hour has gone by. It was so frustrating to me in the first couple of weeks of this that I thought, well maybe I AM depressed- but been there done that - and this just isn't the same AT All . Besides which I was already taking Welllbutrin so how DEEP can the depression go that 250 mg won't give you some pep. And yes I agree not like a sleepy thing more like a cloud that descends "the brain fog" thing. Thank goodness I don't have it today -as yet and I hope you don't either. My tremor comes and goes-does it worsen and is it hands and legs both ?

Old 07-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

My mother had a stroke two years ago last month and it's very similar to the frustration she feels because it's like she's "inside there" and completely cognizant of everything but her body just won't respond right anymore. It's exactly how I feel when I'm "tired" -- I'm perfectly fine "inside" but my body feels totally weighted down and I'm fighting to express myself through that damned "brain fog!"

Closed Thread