It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

Donnalynne HB User
Digestive problems?

Hi,
Has anyone had problems with indigestion or heart burn with MS. I have never had either before not even during both pregnancies until the past couple of months. It seems like every time I eat or drink I have this horrible thing going on in my chest. I know its either indigestion or heart burn but not sure which one because i've never had them before. All this probably sounds really daft but I just thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: Digestive problems?

Oh yes, Donnalynne! before I was dx'd with MS, I even went so far as to have an appointment with a specialized surgeon who was going to do a procedure to tighten the opening at the top of my stomach to keep acids from coming back up. But then we found MS was to blame, the surgery was canceled, and now I manage as best I can. I use a prescription antacid when needed. When I notice the problem flaring, I adjust the type and amount of food I eat as well. This seems to help.

I was glad to see your name back on the board...not glad that you're having a problem, but just that you're still among us and checking in. I have been praying the situation with wait lists would change where you are!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #3
(female)

Donnalynne HB User
Re: Digestive problems?

Hi KelliD,
Well I finaly got the appointment I wanted with the Neuro I wanted on 17th August so I guess I just have to wait and see what happens but I won't hold my breath. My MS society are waiting for a meeting to be held with our health minister along with a number of Mps from different parties to see if it cant be pushed but as yet our waiting list for meds ig growing. Fingers crossed we get somewere. I'll keep you up dated and thanks again for all the support you always give to everyone. love & best wishes

Closed Thread