It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #1
(female)

kimber lee HB User
just diagnosed, start a whole new rutine

Hello folks , im new to this board, i was just diagnsosed 2 weeks ago with m.s.
A good friend of mine offered me a life time of yoga in her studio where she teaches, she said that would help keep me balanced as far as a well rounded feeling of self awareness, so im going to do that, i quit smoking tonight. i will start on a well balanced diet, i always ate good but i never had a set eating schedual(im also bi-polar) and i stay up for days sometimes at a time. So now i have to put myself on a regular clock and be anal about everything i am assuming, well i think it will all work out fine,oh yeah and start medication, so i guess all these things iam going to do could help delay the leasions and possibly wont relapse alot, but you never know, thank you for listening, kimber lee

Old 07-11-2005, 06:09 AM   #2
(female)

WOBBLEY HB User
Re: just diagnosed, start a whole new rutine

Hi kimber lee,
It sounds like you're doing all the right things to making your life better now that you've been dx with MS. You sound very much like me ... I also quit smoking and started on the MS low fat diet by Swank. I have not felt like doing much exercising but I have wondered about the yoga ... how's that working for you? I've read that yoga is good for MS patients who have a balance problem. You are very lucky to have a good friend that can help you with the yoga. Good luck to you and God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
(female)

djpihavems HB User

yoga will help A LOT. it is just wonderful for strength and wellness in general. it's addictive! i love it and try to go as many days as possible every week.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
(female)

kimber lee HB User

hi wobbley,
i thank you for your vote of confidence, i will be starting yoga in about a week. Smoking is a very hard thing to quit , i LOVE MY COFFEE AND SMOKE IN THE AM.
But if it means that i have more chances then i quit. Yoou know i am goint to post a new thread, l;ook for it because it iw intesesting. thank you now bye bye kimber lee

Old 07-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
(female)

WOBBLEY HB User

Yes it is very hard to quit! I loved my coffee and cigaretts too but I decided my health was more important ... I've always known that smoking was bad for my health, so this really gave me more of a reason to quit.
It is good that you can start yoga next week, I'm sure that will make you feel better. I need to look up some places where I can go ... if not I will get a tape and do it at home. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you're doing.

Closed Thread