It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 06:20 AM   #1

SandyJR HB User
Is this MS? SYMPTOMS

For about one month now i have not been feeling right. Started one morning when i woke up, was very lightheaded, and had this weird pain over my ears just on the right side of my head. I knew the pain was nothing i had felt before. A week later went to my dr and he said it was sinus infection. Needless to say it was not. Brought myself to the ER, had CT and they saw something which brought me to having an MRI. There was a small lesion on the right side of my brain. Had Spinal Tap. Less than four is normal, my number is four. Have yet to see the neurologist..trying to set up an appt with them today. My symtoms are pins and needles sensation from the knee down only on my left leg which i know the lesion can be causing. HOwever the pain on my right side the lesion can not be causing this. Yesterday i started having eyeball pain in my right eye and whenever i put my head all the way back it hurts and causing lightheadedness. This morning woke up with my shoulder and neck hurting. NOw im not sure if its how i slept or another werid symptom. I feel like im losing my mind. I get tingling at times in both my feet also. I have a follow up after being discharged from the hospital with my primary dr today at eleven thirty. Not have much faith in him. Im so depressed because ihave no answers still. I know it can be MS and that scares me beyond belief. Has anyone had what i have described or can offer any suggestions. Im so disillusioned with the health care out there..its actually frightening. I just want to feel like myself again and wonder if i ever will.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
Re: Is this MS? SYMPTOMS

Hi Sandy,
Obviously something is not right. You need to find a good doctor, preferably a neurologist, who will run various tests to rule out other possible causes of your symptoms. Also, did they do your MRI with and without contrast? Was it an open or closed MRI? What did the radiology report say?

Getting an MS diagnosis can be a painstaking process. There are certain criteria the doctors follow, and MS can be very tricky to nail down.

If you don't think you're getting appropriate attention from your doctor, perhaps you should see a different one. I know this can be difficult with insurance, etc., but it might be worth it.

Take care,
Julie

Closed Thread