It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 06:41 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

curious11 HB User
Can someone explain this to me... ?

I would put money on the fact that I have MS. The numbness I have had in the past and at the current moment in my finger tips, the muscle weakness in my leg, and now this... loss of vision in my left eye. My symptoms sound like optic neuritis... vision worsens in bright light/ sun light, pain when I look side to side, and just an overall blurry feeling that makes me feel tired and that I am in a cloud. I dont want to have MS, I have seen my brother struggle with it for years, thank god he is doing well now. But I want some explanation as to why these crazy things are happening to me. MRIs were clear. But I am 20 years old and I think I am too young to be falling apart! I just want some answers and try to make these things better... walking is my main problem. My muscles in my left leg get so weak. And now I think my right leg is so tired from doing all the work that they are both getting weak. I find myself falling forward or backwards when standing because my legs are just so tired. Its like i'm falling and my legs are catching me everytime I take a step. And god forbid I crouch down, I cant get up on pure leg muscle alone... I have to grap on with my hands and pull myself up. I AM 20 YEARS OLD! haha I dont think this is normal... I am in relatively good shape and was always involved in sports in school. Now I have a 3 year old who runs the show and I certaintly get my share of exersize... I just dont get it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2005, 06:49 AM   #2
(female)

WOBBLEY HB User
Re: Can someone explain this to me... ?

Hi,
Sorry for all your pain and problems. I'm not a doctor but it sure sounds like MS to me ... MRIs can be wrong sometimes. I would definately keep trying to get the doctors to find out what is causing the problem. Good luck and God bless.

Last edited by WOBBLEY; 07-12-2005 at 06:53 AM.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:48 PM   #3
(female)

karinczapla HB User

I to was diagnose with possible M.S. one thing I was told by a women who has it was, you need to stick to a good health diet. No Sugar, and it will help. Has anyone else heard of this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious11
I would put money on the fact that I have MS. The numbness I have had in the past and at the current moment in my finger tips, the muscle weakness in my leg, and now this... loss of vision in my left eye. My symptoms sound like optic neuritis... vision worsens in bright light/ sun light, pain when I look side to side, and just an overall blurry feeling that makes me feel tired and that I am in a cloud. I dont want to have MS, I have seen my brother struggle with it for years, thank god he is doing well now. But I want some explanation as to why these crazy things are happening to me. MRIs were clear. But I am 20 years old and I think I am too young to be falling apart! I just want some answers and try to make these things better... walking is my main problem. My muscles in my left leg get so weak. And now I think my right leg is so tired from doing all the work that they are both getting weak. I find myself falling forward or backwards when standing because my legs are just so tired. Its like i'm falling and my legs are catching me everytime I take a step. And god forbid I crouch down, I cant get up on pure leg muscle alone... I have to grap on with my hands and pull myself up. I AM 20 YEARS OLD! haha I dont think this is normal... I am in relatively good shape and was always involved in sports in school. Now I have a 3 year old who runs the show and I certaintly get my share of exersize... I just dont get it!

Old 07-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

MRI's can be clear with MS sypmtoms present...lesions showing up later. I sincerely hope you "don't" have it...but IF you do, you *can* live well with it. While the medical profession doesn't have all the answers to MS yet, it has made great strides. Please keep us informed!

Old 07-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Sweetie I know it's hard because I experience the same symptoms as you. The only difference is that I was diagnosed with MS. I am 25. I know it's hard but be strong for yourself and your 3 yr old.

I too was extremely active before this. I did track and field, netball and I was on the step team and cheerleading just 4 years ago in college. I havent been able to walk on my own or coordinate my leg and arm muscles for 4 months. I'm doing a lot better now cause of steriods and meds. Not back to normal but I can move around better and I stopped using my cane 2 weeks ago. Have faith sweetie. I know its not easy but just try giving it to God.

Kchs

Old 07-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
(female)

kchs1 HB User

Oh and forgot to mention lesions can hide.

Closed Thread