It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

bowogo HB User
symptoms for 3 years, no diagnoses,positive MRI

For three years I have been having Pain in my legs (primarily hot summer months), fasiculations (constant), *****ly feeling in arms and legs, extreme fatigue. All the symptoms become worse in the summer. In fact sometimes in the winter all but the fasiculatons stop. I also have pain in joints primarily hips and shoulders,but also hands and feet.I had a MRI last fall that showed several lesions in the ventricles, the differential diagnoses was MS or vascular disease. I hab an LP by a prominent nuerologist which came back negative. Some of the lab work came back elevated, might indicate autoimmune disease. No one can give me a diagnoses. In my gut I feel its MS. All doctors feel the symptoms are to vague. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have a 6 month follow up next week any suggestions on what to ask?

Last edited by bowogo; 07-12-2005 at 07:01 PM.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
Re: symptoms for 3 years, no diagnoses

bowogo,

I don't understand why they haven't diagnosed you with MS yet. You have lesions your blood work is elevated, you are having symptoms of MS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Be persistent with these doctors and let them know you know what you are feeling and be persistent until somebody diagnoses you with something. The more and more I hear about these incompetent doctors the more and more I'm getting worried. If they don't know what they are doing, who in the heck are we going to turn to? That is a scary thought. Good luck with your follow up visit and be persistent.

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread