It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
How do you feel in the morning?

Hi everybody,

How do you guys feel in the morning when you get up? As soon as I get out of the bed, I can tell whether it is going to be a bad day or a good day. If I am severely lightheaded and dizzy and have funny feelings in my head it usually means a bad day. Are any of you guys like this? I have the numbness and tingling and itching and pain at times but my biggest problem is my head and headaches and weird sensations in my head, and being off balance. Just curious to know! Thanks for your replies!!!

Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #2

billiegail HB User
Re: How do you feel in the morning?

I am in pain 24/7 and when the pain is real bad in the morning or if I wake up to not knowing what day it is, I can tell that the day will be bad. Sometimes, I can wake up feeling ok and then, as the day goes on, I get worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 04:05 AM   #3
(female)

marion06095 HB User

Looking at the ratio of people who view this topic, and those that reply to this topic, it looks like lots of us donít know how we feel this morning.

I judge how good or bad a day I will have by how scary it is getting up to take the first bathroom break of the day. I have furniture set up so I can lean on something or other most of the way to the bathroom, but some days I am so dizzy and shaky, I wonder if I will make it without a mishap.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 AM   #4

SandyJR HB User

Can you elaborate on just how your head feels? Is it a headache type feeling or what? I have been having pain in my head but mainly on the right side above the ear and my neck. Just wondering if you have been having the same type symptoms? Thanks.

sandy

Old 07-14-2005, 07:20 AM   #5
(female)

WOBBLEY HB User

Hi shellymay,
When I get out of bed I stand up ... make sure my balance is ok, then I head off to the bathroom (this happens several times in the night). I'm always a little off balance but I'm getting use to it and just make sure I have something to hold on to if necessary. I have a slight headache just about all the time but I do not get migranes. I feel much like you discribed, dizzy, lightheaded, my head hurts in the temple area and my neck hurts. Sometimes my neck feels like it can not hold up my head. I wonder if this will ever get any better or if this is as good as I'm going to get.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

Hi ShellyMay!

When I get up in the morning, I usually lie in bed a few minutes and "take inventory." If I wake feeling aches, or having migraine auras (often without the pain) I know it's going to be an iffy day. If those things are not present, then it's probably going to be a decent day.

It's funny...a friend asked a few days ago how I was doing. I told her I was doing good! Then I took a quick mental inventory of aches and pains that I was feeling even as I told her I was "good" and realized that what is a good day for MSers, may be a lousy day for someone else.

MS makes life "interesting," doesn't it?

Old 07-14-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
(female)

djpihavems HB User

have you tried any type of relaxation? i know it sounds kind of silly to do a relaxation pose as soon as you wake up, but it can REALLY help with steadying you. get out of bed and lay on your back on the floor immediately. put a pillow under your knees and leave your head flat on the floor. close your eyes and breathe very deeply and rhythmically. press your hands into the floor to ground yourself. stay there until you feel firmly planted to the ground. then, using your hands to push off the floor, sit up VERY slowly. it really helps with dizziness and uncoordination.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Billiegail,

I know where you are coming from!!! Thanks for your reply. I know how that is getting up feeling good and then later on feeling bad. People just don't understand that. It's so hard not being able to plan things ahead of time because you don't know how you are going to feel. You will be in my prayers.

Michelle

Old 07-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Marion06095,

I can certainly understand where you are coming from when you get up in the morning and feeling dizzy and having to hold on to things. I have to sit up for a few minutes and try to get some control then go. You will be in my prayers. Thanks for your reply.

Michelle

Old 07-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJR
Can you elaborate on just how your head feels? Is it a headache type feeling or what? I have been having pain in my head but mainly on the right side above the ear and my neck. Just wondering if you have been having the same type symptoms? Thanks.

sandy
SandyJR,

Yes, I can elaborate and thank you for your reply. My headache seems alot like yours. Mine is primarily on my right side above my ear and sometimes in my neck. Sometimes it's not so much pain as it is a fullness, pressure, pulling sensation. I can also get this over my eyes and around my eyes. Do you have these? I really feel like I have MS but nothing is showing up yet. I am afraid that nothing is going to show up when I go for my test again tomorrow and I don't want to be made to go back to work because I do not feel that I can do it. I can't hardly even walk and I am so tired of being in pain. Thanks again for your reply. You will be in my prayers.

Michelle

Old 07-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOBBLEY
Hi shellymay,
When I get out of bed I stand up ... make sure my balance is ok, then I head off to the bathroom (this happens several times in the night). I'm always a little off balance but I'm getting use to it and just make sure I have something to hold on to if necessary. I have a slight headache just about all the time but I do not get migranes. I feel much like you discribed, dizzy, lightheaded, my head hurts in the temple area and my neck hurts. Sometimes my neck feels like it can not hold up my head. I wonder if this will ever get any better or if this is as good as I'm going to get.

Wobbley,

This getting up and going to the bathroom so many times at night is getting to be ridiculous isn't it? That's what I think also, I am always a little off balance some worse than others, but I am dealing with it. I too have a slight headache all the time, enough to be annoying. Sometimes my head hurts in the temple area but it's more so over the ears and down the neck, mostly on my right side. Sometimes it's all around my eyes. Just the other day my head felt so weird that it felt like I was working myself to death to keep my head up. Do you feel this way? I feel the same way too, I wonder if this will ever get any better or if this is as good as I'm going to get. Thanks for your reply!! You will be in my prayers.

Michelle

Old 07-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #12
(female)

fuzzymuzzy HB User

Hi Shellymay

I get up in the morning with aches and pain and not very balanced. Since November last year, everyday I get up I feel like I have had a night out on the town (if only). Today has been awful as its been sooooo hot, the aches and pains seem to have doubled, vision blurred, cant walk normal (mind you havent managed that since last year), and everything I say and do comes out the wrong way, it gives everyone a good laugh!! Today is like being extra drunk without the drink!! and to think people pay to be like this!!! I Do get really bad whooshing in the ears! and when I get that I know I will be having a sort of Good Day.........weird!!

PS... Just to sum my day up, I have just posted this message on some where else.......oooops. Bet they think I'm nuts!!

Old 07-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

I usually feel prettty good in the morning but get tired and alittle more wobbly on the legs as the day progresses. It seems I sundenly get tired and just kinda shut down, and a nap helps.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliD
Hi ShellyMay!

When I get up in the morning, I usually lie in bed a few minutes and "take inventory." If I wake feeling aches, or having migraine auras (often without the pain) I know it's going to be an iffy day. If those things are not present, then it's probably going to be a decent day.

It's funny...a friend asked a few days ago how I was doing. I told her I was doing good! Then I took a quick mental inventory of aches and pains that I was feeling even as I told her I was "good" and realized that what is a good day for MSers, may be a lousy day for someone else.

MS makes life "interesting," doesn't it?
KelliD,

You are right, I have to lie in the bed a few minutes and just by laying there and observing how I feel I can pretty much tell how it will be when I get up. The other day my husband was complaining of a headache that he had had all day long and he was getting tired of it, I said try having one for 8 months now. You are right what might be a good day for us, might be a lousy day for someone without MS. Thank you for your reply. You will be in my prayers.

Michelle

Old 07-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpihavems
have you tried any type of relaxation? i know it sounds kind of silly to do a relaxation pose as soon as you wake up, but it can REALLY help with steadying you. get out of bed and lay on your back on the floor immediately. put a pillow under your knees and leave your head flat on the floor. close your eyes and breathe very deeply and rhythmically. press your hands into the floor to ground yourself. stay there until you feel firmly planted to the ground. then, using your hands to push off the floor, sit up VERY slowly. it really helps with dizziness and uncoordination.
djpihavems,

Thanks for your reply and I will certainly try these relaxation techniques. I'll let you know how well they work for me. Thank you again and you will be in my prayers.

Michelle

Closed Thread