It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
LP done - report as promised

For all of you who offered encouragement, I thank you so much. For those who offered prayers, here's a "praise report": God answers prayer, exceeding abundantly! And for those who are awaiting your first LP, I can't tell you enough what a "non-event" it was!
My neuro had told me she was very good at doing them, guess I'll call her Dr. One-Shot, no poking around for her! Although I felt the novocaine needle, I've had more painful encounters with stray feathers from my pillow. If you have had dental work done, you've endured more pain.
I laid flat for 1.5 hrs waiting for them to come and take some blood, then got up and drove home. (Didn't get any valium or anything else.) No headache.
I actually feel pretty silly that I was so worried, and am so grateful to ALL of you who didn't make fun of me !! THANK YOU!!!

Old 07-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
Re: LP done - report as promised

lilc,

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so thankful that everything went ok!! You are right the Lord answers prayers and can carry you through anything!!! So, when do you get the results from your LP? Thanks for letting us know and relieving my anxiety about mine. Thank you!!! Again, WAY TO GO!!!!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Results hopefully a week from tomorrow (she told me to call her next Thursday to be sure she's got the results). Also I forgot to thank Ella for reminding me to breathe! I would have forgotten!

Old 07-14-2005, 03:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

I KNEW you could DO it, kiddo!!! Thanks for checking in and sharing the news! You deserve to spoil yourself now.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User

I am so glad it went well for you...Heck I was holding my breath! It makes me breath a little easier. I went to the Rheumie today and we talked about the lp and my fear. He said that neuros do them alot and are usually very good at them. We discussed the fibro again. He said he doesnt think so. While it can cause some of my symptoms it wouldnt do to me what has been going on. He said burning and vibrating are not part of that...those are strickly neuro symptoms. He did test me for lupus again though. For the life of me I dont know why. I lost alot of hair last month but that was all. My sister has it so he said that while MS is still in the forfront of his mind you can actually have both. I said " MAN that would really SUCK!! He laughed and said..yes it really sucks. So I gave up yet more of my blood for the cause. I told him that I didnt expect them to find anything though. I told him that I dont have lupus.

Erin
Dallas TX

Old 07-14-2005, 06:10 PM   #6
(female)

EllaJ HB User
Thumbs up Re: LP done - report as promised

So glad it went well,LilC. !
And I am glad you remembered the breath thing. As I saw your message I was holding mine- not taking my own advice! Take it easy though
YOu deserve it and I bet you are mentally and emotionally exhausted. Certainly I hope mine goes as well- that is if the HMO authorizitons ever go through
x0 EllaJ

Old 07-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #7
(female)

racefan8 HB User

WHOOO HOOOO!!!! YEAH!! I am so glad things went well!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 03:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Thanks, everyone, you all just make me SMILE! I was tired and had what I called a "pinchy backache" last night so went to bed early. They did take 7 vials of blood (I was joking when I asked the guy if he wanted a quart) and that may have contributed to my tiredness! So glad I took your advice to drink lots of water.
Don't know what they are doing with all that blood, guess I'll find out next appt.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

Hey Lilc! How are you feeling this morning? What's next...the results and dx, or more tests?

Old 07-15-2005, 02:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

WELL, what an interesting day. I was SOOO proud of myself, but I woke up with a very stiff back. No problem, I thought, I'm just not quite as young as I used to be, of course it would be a little more than "tenderness". And all day at work it kept getting worse and worse, then I started getting a headache... Finally got home, thought I'd just have to go to bed. But WHAT do I discover??? The first period I've had in almost a year!!!
I'm gonna tell "Dr. One-Shot" it is all her fault I have to reset THAT particular clock now! LOLOLOL

Old 07-15-2005, 03:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

Oh you poor dear!!! But on the upside, at least it wasn't an MS problem!!

Just got back from the neuro today. He is inclined to believe I had an electrical conduction malfunction of the brain yesterday...lost control of my right hand and arm. It was....weirdly interesting! It's sore today, too.

Gals...we ALL need a long weekend at a Mediterranean Spa! Who's coming with me?!! LOL!

Old 07-16-2005, 03:36 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

I'm in! I'll take a spa weekend anywhere!
Kelli, I'm so sorry about your trouble. Do you have control again of your hand and arm? I sort of know what you mean about "wierdly interesting", I know that I no longer panic when strange things happen and that lets me sort of observe the strangeness, even though I'm the one experiencing it. Hope the soreness is gone today.
I'm completely up in the air about what to expect next week when I go for results of all my tests. Neuro did tell me that my EPs were "not too bad". She said if LP came back negative she'd order another MRI in 6 months. So I'm not optimistic about getting an answer in the near future. Then again, I have no idea what they are doing with all the blood they took, hopefully checking for all other possibilities. 21 lab tests? Can't wait to get the bills for all of this - LOL!

Old 07-16-2005, 06:07 AM   #13
(female)

marion06095 HB User

Spa? Did somebody say SPA????

Closed Thread