It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

dje27 HB User
Im trying to understand all this....HELP

I have not been DX yet, probable MS, but my legs sometimes feel very heavy and they ache so bad. I feel like i am 300 pounds but I am not overweight. Why would by legs feel so heavy? Do MS symptoms come and go or do they stay forever. My legs feel this way off and on. Im trying to understand this whole MS thing but very confusing to me. I almost feel like a hypochodriac and I know its not in my head. Weird things have been going on with me. Please help me understand. I had 9 lesions on my MRI but LP came back clean.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: Im trying to understand all this....HELP

Hi DJE....yes, those symptoms are identifiable with MS, and one of the hallmarks of relapsing/remitting MS is that symptoms do come and go.

Not that any of us would WANT you to have MS, but have you sought a second opinion re:your MRI? Have you had a lumbar puncture or evoked potentials as part of the dx process?

It could be "anything." MS mimics other illnesses...this what makes the dx process difficult and drawn out...it must be done by process of elimination.

Please check in often and talk to us, okay? We're here to help where we can!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
(female)

djpihavems HB User
Re: Im trying to understand all this....HELP

Oh, the heavy leg thing. Isn't that so weird? No one would ever understand it unless thay had experienced it! Stairs are the worst. Make sure you always hold the handrail. It helps if you actually lift your knees with your hands. I know it sounds silly, but it keeps you on your balance. Just pay attention! It's easy to fall.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
(female)

dje27 HB User
Re: Im trying to understand all this....HELP for KellieD

what do you mean evoked potentials? I had a LP which came back negative. Talk about the worst experience ever. I had to have a blood patch the day after because I couldnt lift my head off the pillow. This whole thing has been a nightmare. Muscle fasciculations, legs feeling heavy, face numbness, left eye feels weird. Just a bunch of funny sensations off and on. Is this what MS is all about?

Closed Thread