It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

ab123 HB User
For Djpihavems

Hi

I saw one of your answers about Copaxone on another thread.

Seems like you only inject in the tummy and rear; is that correct? I am just curious as I recently eliminated the backs of my arms and the doc had me doubling up on my legs. HA!! They hurt so freakin' bad.

Do you do anywhere else? I was getting the indentations on the backs of my arms and legs. Now I am noticing little ones on my tummy. This is my 3rd year on Copaxone.

I agree...the auot-injectors hurt really bad!! Thanks for any info!!

Amy

Old 07-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

djpihavems HB User
Re: For Djpihavems

Hi there,

I NEVER do my arms or legs. Too many bumps and bruises! They give you the diagram of injectable spots with the meds, but you can basically ignore that. You just need a soft, fleshy place.

I inject in about 10 different sites in the tummy. Above the belly button, below it, off to the side, wherever.

I also use the rear and the hips. I do the side of the butt, and that is very easy. Just stand up and relax your arm down to your side. Wherever your hand is hanging, that is where the needle can go in. Just turn it toward you and dart it in. I try to hit the curve where the butt comes around into the top of the back of the leg - the bottom of the cheek if you will. You can try for an upward motion, but it's not necessary. Straight in works too.

The hip is more like the top of the butt cheek, but off to the side. If you are a woman, you probably have some good soft flesh there. Twist around to the side to get at the area. That makes the skin pop out, and it is even easier to get. I am trying to come up with a good way to describe exactly where.... the place where you would rest your hands on your hips in back if you were feeling impatient. Below your waist line, where the A line of a skirt would start to come out. Where Britney Spears wears her low-slung jeans.

DON'T try to do the side of the leg near the quad muscle. OUCH! Stay closer to the butt.

I've even done my inner thigh. I know it sounds gross, and you're not supposed to shoot into "raw" skin, but it doesn't hurt, and I have plenty of extra meat there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #3
(female)

djpihavems HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab123
I was getting the indentations on the backs of my arms and legs. Now I am noticing little ones on my tummy.

Amy
Oh, and PS>>> You will always get some kind of lump. They go away eventually, but your body just wasn't designed to get needled every day.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
(female)

ab123 HB User

I know exactly were the places you describe are! Reading you even injected into the inner thigh made me sweat!! My husband gives me my shots and he has been telling my to try there. Thinking about it makes me cringe. But I finally decided to try it this morning. It didn't swell up like it does when I am in the center of the thigh, but it did hurt. Still hurts. Feels like a rug burn, but with no missing skin!!

But the indentations I have are here to stay according to the doc! The skin actually has dents.

Might but TMI but i am now going into the butt cheeks. Lots of meat back there!!

Thanks for your tips. Sorry I took so long thanking you. I don't have internet at home any more so I have to post from work. I've been a little busy.

Amy

Closed Thread