It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

sparkle27 HB User
Unhappy Tell me I'm crazy, please

I'm only 19, but I've convinced myself I have MS! It all began back in January this year when I had a bad headache. I was moving into my dorm and the next few days, my left arm was numb and tingly. Was told it was either migraine side effect or a nerve damaged that would get better in a few days. It did, but I had tingling after that and some facial numbness. Nerves or something serious. Well, it stopped after awhile, but here are my symptoms that have come back and that I have had before:

-Pulsatile tinnitus in both ears
- left ear fullness (have ENG scheduled)
- MRI in Feb. seemed normal
- Tingling
- Always smacking my hands into things (clumsiness)
- Constant twitching all over esp. head when I try to look left or right
- difficult time thinking
- dizziness that comes and goes
- extreme fatigue in the past few weeks when this all began again with the dizziness

Help! I know the tingling could be my nerves b/c last time it began too when I began to worry. But this all seems too unlikely to be just nerves. And the twitching is making me nuts.

Thanks,
Kristen

Old 07-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User
Re: Tell me I'm crazy, please

You need to see a good neurologist -- if it's not MS, it could be another nerve issue... And even though you're only 19 and it doesn't usually strike until 20's, 30's, or 40's, MS could still be a possibiliy (God, I hope not! This thing sucks!).

Last edited by Lisa_P; 07-17-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

PS: A diagnosis of MS is usually only made after three positive tests (MRI, Spinal Tap, Evoked Potenials)/episodes with no other explanation.

Old 07-17-2005, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

sparkle27 HB User

Thanks for your reply. I'm just worrying that maybe I've worried myself to have symptoms. Back when I had the MRI for the headaches, I had pins and needles sensations, but that seemed to stop when my nervousness let up. I've been so stressed out, is it possible I'm just stricken with anxiety over being dizzy lately that I have symptoms similar to MS? When I relax about things...I definitely feel better...the tingling is worse when I think about it. Weird. I dont want to worry myself thinking i have MS when its not.....I dont seem to have many of the problems that people with MS talk about and my tingling stops when I press on the area tingling. I guess I have health anxiety.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:59 AM   #5
(female)

tooobuzi HB User

Kristen,

I was just dx with Vestibular Migraines. I had been told by two doctors that they thought my symptoms were MS. I went through every test in the book and all was NORMAL. I was still having problems so they sent me to Johns Hopkins. That is where I got the Migraine dx. It was hard for me to believe that a migraine could cause all the crazy symptoms that I was having but it was true!!

You should really look into it more. There are special diets that help you reduce your migraine triggers. First thing you should do is get caffine out of your system. I saw a great improvement in just doing that and exercising regularly.

Good luck to you.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
(male)

Sound Guy HB User

Hello I am sorry that u are experiencing all of these nerve issues cause that is no good whatever it is. All I can tell u is when I had my initial onset two months ago some of the symtoms u are having I had as well. Although my biggest concern was my ears: I am a Sound Engineer so that was my biggest worry! I was told that MS doesn't usually mess with the ears but everyone is different! My knowing came from 8 weeks of perfectly fixed double vision. If u do have the sheeth issue I call it keep your head up hi and smile alot I was twenty five when it hit me. But the Numbness iv'e been there so to answer your quistion NO YOU ARE NOT CRAZY

Closed Thread