It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
(female)

BRENDA12 HB User
Question Vibrations?

I've Not Yet Been Dx With Ms,the Dr Wants To Wait To See If I Have Another Attack.i Was Just Dx With Fibro,but My Last Attack Lasted 9 Weeks With Alot Of Ms Symtoms,now I Only Have The Tingly Crawly Feeling,but Lately I've Also Experiencing What I Think Are Vibration Sensations,if Feels Like A Tuning Fork Under My Skin,top Of Foot And Legs.also Even Though It Is Extremely Hot And Humid Here I Sometimes Get This Shivering Cold Feeling In My Left Arm.
Was Hoping Someone Could Describe Their Vibration Feeling.just Something To Compare,my Last Mri Without Contrast Was Neg,but Ya I Know That Doesn't Mean Much.and Also Could These New Symtoms Be The Start Of Another Attack.
Thanks For Any Input

Old 07-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
(female)

debweb62 HB User
Re: Vibrations?

Brenda,

I have not been dxd, but have been experiencing ms symptoms and am awaiting Neurologist appt. I can definitely relate to the vibrating sensation, which I have felt in feet, legs, arms, hands, shoulders, head and face, and even, on one occasion, in my teeth! This was the most disturbing, and it seemed that when I spoke, the vibrations resonated in my head - very wierd! Sometimes the vibrations are brief, like someone pressing a buzzer; other times they are constant. If I had to describe them to anyone else, I'd be afraid they would think I was crazy. It helps me to know tht others are experiencing the same, and that I'm not losing my mind!

Good luck with everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
(female)

Dawn36 HB User

I've had a lot of experience with "vibrations" and my MS.

It can range greatly in degree and intensity. I find it helpful to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being just slightly tingly, humming and 10 being strong vibrations) as a way to quantify it for my doc. Sometimes it's not even what i would call humming/buzzing, but just an altered sensation that is different than what i feel in rest of body. Other times it can be pulsating, throbbing, really very unpleasant tho not painful. Along with these sensations i think there is a degree of numbness and inability to distinguish hot from cold in the affected areas.

A tuning fork that's been pinged is a very good way to describe the feelings at times in my legs, where the sensations would build up with each step i took, then gradually diminish when i stopped. It has been so severe in my legs that it interfered with walking becaus i felt i couldn't feel my feet and was afriad i'd lose my balance and fall.

anyway, hope that helps.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:56 PM   #4
(female)

BRENDA12 HB User

thank u both for your reply's.it means so much to hear i'm not the only one.and i haven't read anywhere that this is a fibro symtom.
thanks again
bren

Old 07-20-2005, 03:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

When I started down this road, my main symptom was L'Hermittes. One of the frustrations was that it kept changing. At first it was the "electric shock" sensation down my spine when I bent my head forward, but at it's worst I had a constant, pulsing vibration in my lower spine. It was like a cat's purr living in my back.

Closed Thread