It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
OK, what I've learned about LP

This might be intuitively obvious to normal people, but I'm apparently a little dense. Laying flat for somewhere between .5 and 24 hours is important. Drinking water is important. But no one mentioned that it is a very bad idea to bend over a few hours after the LP. Of course, you would say, DUH! But I just figured if I was able to get up after 2 hours with no headache I must have dodged the bullet. I was wrong. SOOOO, my final contribution to LP advice is, if you need something that is on the floor, wait for someone else to pick it up. Call a friend. Leave it there. If you absolutely MUST pick it up, squat. But whatever you do, don't bend over!
(I did not bend over today, day 6, and did not have the headache!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
Re: OK, what I've learned about LP

lilc,

Thank you for the advice. I am so sorry that you had such a hard time afterwards. I feel like the Neuro is going to tell me to have an LP done. I just had an MRI with and without contrast, Visual Evoked Potential Test, Auditory Evoked Potential Test, and bloodwork today. I really had a hard time with the Visual. I will use your advice if I do have to have an LP and I will probably lay flat for the rest of the day and night and not get up until the next day. I want to be on the safe side because I do not want one of those headaches. When do you get your results back? I'm sure that you are anxious. Pleas post when you get the results!!!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #3
(female)

marion06095 HB User

Shellymay,

You said that you had hard time with the visual evoked potential test. What was that test like, and what sort of problem did you have with it?

Old 07-20-2005, 04:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Michelle - I'm supposed to get results Friday, if all lab results are back. If you have an LP it should go just fine with your plan!
Marion, VEP is where they stick wires to your head and you look at a screen with a moving checkerboard pattern. Not invasive or painful.

Closed Thread