It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

fancycanelady HB User
For Lilc re:Romans 8:28

Wow Lilc! I was absolutely amazed at your response to Kch-s when you referred to Romans 8:28! When my mother passed away several years ago, I got her bible and THAT is the chapter and verse that she has underlined! If ever the people on this board were meant to communiacte with each other - it's when things like THIS happens! Thanks for giving me a much needed lift!

Old 07-20-2005, 07:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Re: For Lilc re:Romans 8:28

Fancy, the verse says it all! Every day that is reinforced for me. I don't know if you all could imagine how important you are to me. Thank you, thank you, for being willing (or unwitting, if that's the case for some!) conveyors of 21st century miracles. Oh, and Moms are something else, aren't they?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2005, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

fancycanelady HB User

Lilc,
Do you still have your mom? I miss mine every day ( she's been gone about 5 years now) even though we had a VERY tumultuous relationship for most of my life. But I get more every day out of what she has underlined in the (her) bible, so I've taken to reading it almost every night. I really appreciate your kinf thoughts and wish you all the best . How are your headaches?

Old 07-21-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Fancy, headaches are gone (but still not bending over!) and I've been pretty good lately.
Mom passed away September 2, 2001. My sister and I were to go through her things September 11. I woke up and turned the TV on that day. I wasn't much help to my sister, the world had changed so profoundly... Poor thing, my sister was supposed to fly home (PHX back to MN) the next day. I ended up putting her on a Greyhound that Saturday.
My relationship with Mom was strained at best, I was always a disappointment to her. But when she went into Hospice I quit my job and helped Dad take care of her. When she died, I was the only one in the room with her. During those 6 months we made our peace, and I now know she loved me and was proud of me.
It is truly a "Romans 8:28" story. I ended up living in a city I had not planned to live in, joined a church (after 30 years away), couldn't find a job after 6 months out of the market and now make double the money I was making before, working for my best friend who helped me find my church (she joined the same church AFTER I did!).
To me, every step of this sometimes painful journey has been a gift. I don't believe in coincidence at all any longer, and I know it is no coincidence that I ended up at this board. You all are truly gifts from God, to me.
Having said all that, you should know that I am determined to find a fancier cane than yours. When I find it, you'll be the first to know! There, gauntlet thrown!!!
(I'll tell my mom to look up your mom tonight. They probably already know each other.)

Closed Thread