It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 04:32 AM   #1
(female)

tiarah HB User
so confused

I am having such pains in my legs that actually shoot to my toes. Is this a symptom or is this something else. I can't lay down and then get up without pain in my legs. No twitching at all, just pain.

Also yesterday at a barbecue when trying to talk my words wouldn't come out right. People thought I was stuttering and started laughing but it wasn't normal for me. Nobody knows yet about possible MS with me as I wanted to wait to know for sure before I worried anyone. After I waited a few minutes then the words seemed to come out a bit better. It seems that my brain is thinking quicker than I can get the words out. Is this all part of MS?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: so confused

Hi Tiarah...yes, it is all part of MS.

Please avoid being out in the heat as much as possible. That will help you with the pain somewhat. Staying cool is not a cure, but heat can aggravate and even bring on the pain.

As for the delayed/stuttering speech...I have experienced that a few times. It's especially aggravating as I work on the air in broadcasting. My neuro says all you can really do, is slow down and start your sentence over.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

tiarah HB User
Re: so confused

Hi Kelli

thanks for the reply. This is really scaring me alot. I have pain in my right eye today and my vision is blurred in my eye. I work on the computer and it's getting difficult to see the lettres on the screen. There is an awful lot of pressure in my eye that is causing my eye to tear up.

Also, you said before that you also had the ear fullness/pressure also. Did you go to an ENT about that. I did and he couldn't find a reason why. I also have some hearing loss in that ear, nothing major, just slight. Did your neuro say that that was from MS?

Closed Thread