It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

tiarah HB User
KelliD

so confused

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having such pains in my legs that actually shoot to my toes. Is this a symptom or is this something else. I can't lay down and then get up without pain in my legs. No twitching at all, just pain.

Also yesterday at a barbecue when trying to talk my words wouldn't come out right. People thought I was stuttering and started laughing but it wasn't normal for me. Nobody knows yet about possible MS with me as I wanted to wait to know for sure before I worried anyone. After I waited a few minutes then the words seemed to come out a bit better. It seems that my brain is thinking quicker than I can get the words out. Is this all part of MS?

tiarah
View Public Profile
Find all posts by tiarah
Add tiarah to Your Buddy List

From Our Health Guide
Check out our new Health Guide for valuable health and disease information, news, and tools for managing your health.

#2 Report Bad Post 07-25-2005, 08:37 AM
KelliD
Senior Member Join Date: May 2005

Re: so confused

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tiarah...yes, it is all part of MS.

Please avoid being out in the heat as much as possible. That will help you with the pain somewhat. Staying cool is not a cure, but heat can aggravate and even bring on the pain.

As for the delayed/stuttering speech...I have experienced that a few times. It's especially aggravating as I work on the air in broadcasting. My neuro says all you can really do, is slow down and start your sentence over.

KelliD
View Public Profile
Find all posts by KelliD
Add KelliD to Your Buddy List

#3 07-25-2005, 09:08 AM
tiarah
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2005

Re: so confused

Hi Kelli

thanks for the reply. This is really scaring me alot. I have pain in my right eye today and my vision is blurred in my eye. I work on the computer and it's getting difficult to see the lettres on the screen. There is an awful lot of pressure in my eye that is causing my eye to tear up.

Also, you said before that you also had the ear fullness/pressure also. Did you go to an ENT about that. I did and he couldn't find a reason why. I also have some hearing loss in that ear, nothing major, just slight. Did your neuro say that that was from MS?

Will the doctors give me something for the pain as they are going through the process of diagnosing or do i have to deal with this until officially diagnosed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User
Re: KelliD

First of all..don't wait for the doctor to offer something for pain, ask for it right away! And yes, I saw an ENT. There was some discussion that I might have Meneire's disease, but it ALL turned out to be MS. The auditory nerves were inflamed. No fun!

Old 07-25-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
(female)

tiarah HB User

I was checked for Meneire's as well and it was negative. They did say that I had some hearing loss, 3 years ago I had a hearing test and it showed hearing loss then also this time around he wanted to double check to make sure that the auditory test from 3 years ago wasn't inacurate and it showed the hearing loss still. He said my ears looked fine. How did he tell if the auditory nerves were inflamed as my ENT said that all was fine. I have an appointmetn tomorrow with the opthalmologist as my right eye is killing me today and the vision in it is kind of blurry. I'm really honest to God scared. Thanks for listening to me. I feel comfortable talking to you as you have had a lot of the same symptoms. Thanks again. How long has it been since you were diagnosed?

Old 07-25-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

KelliD HB User

The inflamed auditory nerve was a deduction based on symptoms and circumstance, not through any tests. It made absolute sense to me, knowing all the side-effects that can cause! It's MISERABLE!

I understand the fear you feel. I spent so many sleepless nights sitting in the dark and crying because I didn't know what was coming, what to expect, what would become of my son if something happened to me, etc. My heart aches for every individual on this board who posts a message about being scared.

But I finally realized that all that worrying was getting me nowhere. I thoroughly believe what Jesus said about not worrying....basically saying, "What's the point?" It wasn't changing anything!Sooooo....I began educating myself as much as a non-medically-trained person can about MS. The more I learn, the more empowered I am to treat the symptoms...the more I understand what to expect.

I ALWAYS go tothe doctor armed with a page or two of type-written notes about what has changed for the better or worse since my last appt, questions and thoughts. He knows I am going to be pro-active about my care and because of this, he listens and acts accordignly. THAT alone has helped calm my fears...

Wish I could give you a big ol' hug and make it alright, tiarah!

Closed Thread